Seattle/ Puget Sound DIY Show

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A fun time for sure. I got home and my wife asked to see pictures. I was too busy running my mouth and speakers and didn't take a single one. If you have any, please share here. The sound systems in the room with the Ark mural were amazing. Unfortunate scheduling had a funeral service going upstairs in the afternoon, so we had to tone it down at the end. I don't think we were loud enough to wake the dead, but I like to think will be possible someday.

A fun time for sure. I got home and my wife asked to see pictures. I was too busy running my mouth and speakers and didn't take a single one. If you have any, please share here.

I made sure the battery in my camera had a full charge . . . but forgot to use it also. :eek:
There were a few folks taking pictures, so hopefully there will be some before long.

There was an amazing quad-amped 4-way system in the main area, with multiple LEDs lit up (reds and yellows and blues, oh my!) Hope someone got some pics of that. ;)

Last edited:
Had a great time and heard some really good systems. I took lots of pictures, but I don't have notes about the components. If you see one of your projects in a photo, please add a description. I'll try to sort them out so that each post has pictures of a particular project.

The main meeting room had Dana's active speaker system with digital crossovers.

Attachments

• _DSF6843.jpeg
    _DSF6843.jpeg
    281.7 KB · Views: 181
  • _DSF6844.jpeg
    _DSF6844.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 173
  • _DSF6848.jpeg
    _DSF6848.jpeg
    330.5 KB · Views: 174
Some amazing metalwork on display here. Tube amp chassis machined from brass plate along with some speaker stands and footers.

Attachments

• _DSF6860.jpeg
    _DSF6860.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 114
  • _DSF6855.jpeg
    _DSF6855.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 115
  • _DSF6854.jpeg
    _DSF6854.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 130
  • _DSF6851.jpeg
    _DSF6851.jpeg
    248.1 KB · Views: 141
  • _DSF6850.jpeg
    _DSF6850.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 138
  • _DSF6841.jpeg
    _DSF6841.jpeg
    228.5 KB · Views: 130
This one is a mysterious little box with a single connector on the front panel. In the back we can see a power transformer and a small tube lurking in the background. Didn't get to hear this one either. Maybe the owner can add some detail.

Attachments

• _DSF6866.jpeg
    _DSF6866.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 114
  • _DSF6867.jpeg
    _DSF6867.jpeg
    230 KB · Views: 109
There were also some tables with stuff for sale: some speaker drivers, tubes, transformers, and open reel tapes. Also for sale was the last available pair of Uniphase Audio S-8000 speakers which the designer was demoing at his house nearby.

Attachments

• _DSF6836.jpeg
    _DSF6836.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 129
  • _DSF6839.jpeg
    _DSF6839.jpeg
    276.3 KB · Views: 109
  • _DSF6840.jpeg
    _DSF6840.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 115
  • _DSF6845.jpeg
    _DSF6845.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 159
Thanks for all of the great pictures! :)

Dave's headphone amp sounded great with the Sennheisers.
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/att...6695874-seattle-puget-sound-diy-_dsf6856-jpeg

Yes, the hp amp circuit was designed by Rene' for the Sennheiser HD600 headphones and the 5842 triodes that I wanted to use. It uses 0D3 (150V regulator) tubes along with the 5842 output tubes, and a Khozmo 48 step attenuator. The case is made with padauk and walnut.

Thanks to Renan for providing music from his server and DAC. The overall SQ for this combination was wonderful.
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/att...6698343-seattle-puget-sound-diy-_dsf6858-jpeg

Ain't DIY audio great?!! :p

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is Rene's "Ten-Why" pre-amp. The mysterious box below with the single connector in front and tube/transformer inside is the tube-rectified power supply for this pre-amp. Excellent sound from one of the most linear and great DHT tubes, 10Y. I believed this pre-amp also works with 801/801A tubes. DHT preamp at its best!

Here are a few pics of a beautifully built little amp. Didn't get to hear this one, and I don't know who made it. Maybe the owner can post some details.
Yes, it's a preamp using the directly heated 10Y triode tube. Had some parts that looked like they would work together. Otherwise, I'm not sure why I built it; thus the "Ten Why" designation.

I believe this one is one of Rene's creations. His amps always sound wonderful. Didn't get to hear this one at the event. I think there were some technical difficulties.
Another project that came together as a result of "having some parts that might work together". Single-ended, choke loaded, parallel 6KG6 pentodes puts out ~3 watts and warms the room at the same time. Not recommended for duplication because of global warming. I built it so you wouldn't have to!

Not sure why some of the photos I posted are rotated 90 degrees. They all had the correct rotation on my computer before I uploaded. Also, in the "preview post" screen, even though the thumbnails were rotated, the full size photos displayed correctly when I clicked on the thumbnails. Anybody know how to fix this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.