Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Central Mass club/group?
Central Mass club/group?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th December 2018, 03:36 PM   #1
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Central Mass club/group?

I recently relocated to central mass (Ashland) and figured I'd toss a note to check if there are any clubs or diyers who would be interested in hanging out and doing that speaker thing. Nuff said? I can certainly host as appropriate.
Old 20th December 2018, 08:21 PM   #2
KaffiMann is offline KaffiMann  Norway
Fanatic
diyAudio Member

Central Mass club/group?
I am sorry for intruding on your club thread.

Just have to tell you, every single time I see your amp avatar and "badman" I just immediately snap back to this tune from around 1995 somewhere.
Gunsmoke - Court Case ft. The Hempaholics

I think it's a good tune though. Jungle is sort of the father of Drum'n'Bass you know.
I'm not ever going to the US, but you are welcome to come over here for socializing. :-)
Old 4th January 2019, 06:59 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Glad you enjoy my avatar and name. You weren't exactly intruding on anything- it looks like I'll need to cast a wider net to make some friends.
Old 8th January 2019, 06:00 PM   #4
Fanatic
diyAudio Member

Central Mass club/group?
If the wider net includes europe I'm in!
Old 10th January 2019, 01:29 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffiMann View Post
If the wider net includes europe I'm in!
I mean, it's a hell of a commute! I wish I had the flexibility to travel, I've never been to the nordic neck of the woods and would love to check it out. If you're ever in the northeast US do feel free to drop me a line, always happy to make new friends, and speaker people are generally very sane.
Old 10th January 2019, 01:49 PM   #6
Fanatic
diyAudio Member

Central Mass club/group?
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman View Post
... and speaker people are generally very sane.
So true. Probably because we have to cope with all the "normal" people that spend all their time shouting at the TV and never make anything.
Old 14th April 2019, 06:52 PM   #7
renatus@britten is offline renatus@britten  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Local Audio Group

Since you are really pretty much in eastern Massachusetts and near Boston, you might check out the Boston Audio Society. There you might find like-minded individuals in your area. I attended regularly when I lived up in Harvard. Say hello to AL Foster and Dave Hadaway for me.
BostonAudioSociety.org homepage
Cheers,
Rene' Jaeger
Old 15th May 2019, 04:52 PM   #8
Bostown is offline Bostown  United States
diyAudio Member

There is a get together at least twice a year in Sutton MA. - The folks are mainly members of audiokarma's site but the gathering isn't sponsored by or hosted by the owners of that site, it's just where many of the participants interact.

There is typically a listing in the local EVENTS section of that site. The event is called "Frankenfest" named after the original host of the gathering who unfortunately passed away last year.

There are other smaller gatherings that happen in MA as well. I believe some of the folks who are on headfi get together every now and then as well.

Central Mass club/group?Hide this!Advertise here!