What Ya Bringing to Burning Amp 2018?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Solid state preamp is up and playing for BA 2018. The design is similar to the feedback-based preamp design I presented for the Linear Systems 2015 design contest, still using Lin Sys parts for the lineamp section, but some secret 10 cent jfets for the phono section. The only thing left to do is to configure the phono input loading for whatever TT I decide to bring. Playing right now, heavenly sounds from guitarist Pierre Dorge and vibes master Walt Dickerson.

My vacuum state preamp is mostly debugged, but needs the same input loading treatment and some play-time with the vacuum state power amp of my choice, most likely the Kingfisher 7591A hybrid amp. Things are coming together...

What? No vinyl???!

I wanted to bring my Empire 208 with Rega RB300 arm and NOS Grace F9E. I just went to unplug and pack it up. However I was reminded that after my bookcases tipped over in our 6.0 earthquake in 2014, mangling my ADS L1590 speakers, I screwed the cases together and secured them to the wall. As a result, my power cord is being held captive behind the book cases! Oh well.

In any event, I'm bringing some NOS tubes left over from when the Mare Island Naval Shipyard was decommissioned. They should make some tube nerd happy. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.