Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

What Ya Bringing to Burning Amp 2018?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th September 2018, 05:40 AM   #41
wrenchone is offline wrenchone  United States
diyAudio Member

Solid state preamp is up and playing for BA 2018. The design is similar to the feedback-based preamp design I presented for the Linear Systems 2015 design contest, still using Lin Sys parts for the lineamp section, but some secret 10 cent jfets for the phono section. The only thing left to do is to configure the phono input loading for whatever TT I decide to bring. Playing right now, heavenly sounds from guitarist Pierre Dorge and vibes master Walt Dickerson.

My vacuum state preamp is mostly debugged, but needs the same input loading treatment and some play-time with the vacuum state power amp of my choice, most likely the Kingfisher 7591A hybrid amp. Things are coming together...
Old 29th September 2018, 09:17 PM   #42
mordikai is offline mordikai  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mordikai
Where are we doing the raffle this year? In the firehouse in the room behind the lecturers?
Old 29th September 2018, 09:28 PM   #43
toobhed is offline toobhed  United States
diyAudio Member

Raffle will be in the Linkwitz Lab Bldg C audition room around 3:30pm....lots and lots of great stuff!
Old 30th September 2018, 02:04 AM   #44
WBS is offline WBS  United States
diyAudio Member

What? No vinyl???!

I wanted to bring my Empire 208 with Rega RB300 arm and NOS Grace F9E. I just went to unplug and pack it up. However I was reminded that after my bookcases tipped over in our 6.0 earthquake in 2014, mangling my ADS L1590 speakers, I screwed the cases together and secured them to the wall. As a result, my power cord is being held captive behind the book cases! Oh well.

In any event, I'm bringing some NOS tubes left over from when the Mare Island Naval Shipyard was decommissioned. They should make some tube nerd happy.
Old 30th September 2018, 02:23 AM   #45
WBS is offline WBS  United States
diyAudio Member

I was able to free my turntable!!!!

Bring some vinyl to spin!
Old 30th September 2018, 02:55 AM   #46
drpro is offline drpro  United States
diyAudio Member

Yeah let’s have a spin��
I must build. Pass F4s, F6, M2, BA-3 preamp, MoFo, ImPasse preamp, Whammy headamp, Aksa's Lender preamp, Salas DCG3 headphone/preamp, XRK971 PCA & DCA headamp Bruno Putzey's balanced preamp, Doug Self preamp, Pete Millet Korg headamp.
Old 30th September 2018, 05:28 AM   #47
drpro is offline drpro  United States
diyAudio Member

Much excitement just like waiting for Christmas!!
I must build. Pass F4s, F6, M2, BA-3 preamp, MoFo, ImPasse preamp, Whammy headamp, Aksa's Lender preamp, Salas DCG3 headphone/preamp, XRK971 PCA & DCA headamp Bruno Putzey's balanced preamp, Doug Self preamp, Pete Millet Korg headamp.

What Ya Bringing to Burning Amp 2018?Hide this!Advertise here!