Volunteer List - BurningAmp 9/30/18 Ft Mason

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
THIS THREAD IS FOR THE PURPOSE OF ORGANIZING THE BURNING AMP VOLUNTEER TEAM
The main Burning Amp 2018 thread can be found here: Burning Amp 2018!

We need volunteers who are willing to organize and run aspects of Burning Amp 2018 to come forward. Please PM myself or Mark Cronander (Variac) if you can serve in this capacity. Most of these tasks will only require a couple of hours of your time. Please consider being part of the team!

All you have to do is commit to a PART of the duties and work with the other organizers to make the day run smoothly. If you can do one or more of these tasks please contact us immediately to join the BA2018 volunteer group and make Burning Amp 2018 a success!

Volunteers please show up at 8am so we can be ready to rock sooner (on time) rather than later.

BURNING AMP TASK LIST:

Table and Room Setup: make sure that tables and chairs in rooms are set up according to the supplied floorplan. Organize volunteer group to help you do this. Doesn't need much organizing, mainly be at event at 8am or earlier. We have diagrams to show the setup
1. Jim Tiemann, aka 6L6
2. Duane Dale, aka ddaleis

Table and Room Takedown: after the show, make sure tables are broken down and chairs are put back into racks. Doesn't need much organizing, just people to stick around and stack the chairs and tables in the demo rooms. I am sure some people who are still around at the time will help with this, but it's good to get a couple of individuals who will commit to staying to end of event and a bit later, until these tasks are completed.
1. Bill Pennington, aka HeyBill
2. Larry Rickard, a.k.a. Mr_Zenith

Lunch coordinator: The day of the event, set up 4-5 tables for buffet style service in the Firehouse. Make sure there are a number of garbage bins available and that they do not overfill during lunchtime. Make sure caterer arrives on time, finds the lunch spot, and sets up for service. Check that people lining up for lunch actually paid for it (yes, we've had non-BA folks wander in for "free lunch" in the past), and sell them tickets if they have not.
1. ra7
2. Ben Ostapuk

Snack coordinator: put out breakfast items in the morning : Bagels, muffins, coffee, juice, water. Put out snack foods and water/soda in the afternoon into early evening. Purchase items (probably at Costco) before the show, bring them, set up, then take away any leftovers at end of the event. We have lists to help you buy. Two or three volunteers during the event will be necessary so that you can get the bagels sliced and the coffee brewed..
1. [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Gregory Schug, aka Capt Grog and his buddies (snack/b'fast acquisition and setup)[/FONT]
2. Pennie (snack/b'fast setup)

Lecture coordinators: Be present prior to and during the lectures. Bring and setup PC with Ft. Mason-supplied projector. Get presentations (e.g. Powerpoint files, etc) from speakers and get them ready to go on the laptop prior to lectures. Have the opportunity to introduce speakers. If needed, help PA coordinator. Coordinate with Snack, Lunch and PA coordinators to ensure at least one is watching the Firehouse until 4pm Firehouse close.
1. Kent English, aka Cyclotronguy

PA coordinator: Show up to Firehouse at 8am and work with Lecture coordinator to setup PA with PC/projector.
1.we'll be using Ft. Mason-provided PA

Raffle organizer: set up and take down of tables in raffle room. At 4pm run raffle of donated items by picking tickets from pool. Loud voice a plus! Take away any remaining items and briefly clean up the raffle room afterwards. Assistants are a bonus but not necesary.

Ticket Sales: Sitting at the entry desk from 9am until 1pm to sell entry and lunch tickets. Also sell raffle tickets. A perfect job for a non-audiophile (e.g. a spouse) and fun to see the eager faces arriving and greet them. Handle ticket sales money in a secure fashion. Need at least one alternate person to spell each other, 2 is better.
1. Laurie Yrun
2. Liz Brock

Signage coordinator: Create/print signage before the show e.g. schedule of activities, room name labels, etc. Show up at 8am and put up signage around meeting rooms and Firehouse. Take down signage at end of event. Install some decorative posters from previous shows.
1. Bill Pennington, aka HeyBill

Audio Systems Analyst Show up by 8am and combine attendees' components into reasonably logical systems and assign them to rooms.
1. Mark Cronander, aka Variac

Audition Room Supervisor Coordinator. These volunteers explain the demo guidelines and persuade people to stick to the plan, share the room and play nicely with each other. Please bring a whiteboard marker to post play rotation schedule in each demo room.
1. Cary Chin, aka nikon f

Moving Blanket Hustler: Bring "Acoustic" blankets stored from last year to this year's event at 8am and work with Table and Room Setup volunteers to help turn Bldg C audition rooms into sonic paradise.
1. Tom Voight, aka TomV

Thanks to those who've already contacted me to volunteer let's see other hands high!

Mario

Last edited:
...heard from Wavebourn (PA system volunteer) a few days ago and he needs to leave BA'18 by noon.

He is willing to come early and drop off the PA system but only if someone who lives near Pleasant Hill CA can return it to him at the end of the day.

Any volunteers? ...otherwise we'll have to scramble for a PA alternative...

Mario

...isn't there anyone out there at least w/ a guitar amp and a microphone? Unless someone can return Wavebourn's PA system to him at the end of the day, we won't have access to it.....

This is a real need....I'd hate for our presenters to have to yell to be heard......

Mario

We'll be using Ft Mason-provided PA, so no worries.....

Still looking for one more lunch coordinator to help ra7 who has already volunteered. I'll deal with the caterer but we just need one person for each of two lunch room entrances/exits to collect lunch tkts. ....don't forget that volunteers get free BAF'18 T-shirt....we have a very cool IMHO design this year with the help of Mike!

Also, Volunteers let me know your shirt size so I can have ready for you early that Sunday morning!

Mario

Mario[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Hey Folks,

We're still looking for a snack/breakfast volunteer to help out Captain Grog....lots of stuff (we now have a definitive list and quantities courtesy of Variac) needed and definitely more than a one-person job. I can either reimburse you or send you a forward payment so you're not out-of-pocket)

My vehicle and my wives vehicle (she's a front desk volunteer to deal with admissions, lunch and raffle tickets and t-shirt sales) will be absolutely packed with raffle stuff (wait 'till you see the generous list to be posted later this week!....enough to stuff an Outback), t-shirts, posters, banners, tape, etc, so I can't really be of much help here....

....looking forward to a helpful member volunteering here to help ensure a great party!

Mario

BAF'18 photos

Anyone coming to BAF'18 planning on bringing a camera? It would be great to get some pics of our attendees, our DIY creations and our general hijinx/cavorting about.

These photos could be posted on our thread, allowing us to re-live the special day throughout the year, entertaining those who can't make it this year and further motivating those who may attend in the future.

We hope to have at least one or two shutter-bugs among us!

Mario

video the BAF'18 presentations?

I don't know for certain yet whether Linear Systems will be taking video of our presentations this year.

If not, can anyone video the talks and post on youtube or our forum? Thanks, many of our members who can't make the event find this very useful.

Mario

Anyone coming to BAF'18 planning on bringing a camera? It would be great to get some pics of our attendees, our DIY creations and our general hijinx/cavorting about.

These photos could be posted on our thread, allowing us to re-live the special day throughout the year, entertaining those who can't make it this year and further motivating those who may attend in the future.

We hope to have at least one or two shutter-bugs among us!

Mario

Totally will be willing to be a shutterbug (was one in a former life!!) Still planning on bringing a selection of headphone amps, since traveling by plane.

Thanks
David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.