Burning Amp 2018!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
LXmini model

Hello, I was wondering which "special" version of the LXmini can be seen on those very nice pictures, the one with the conical shaped upper part of the vertical tube. Also, the speaker membrane is black (and not silver as in mine).
Are the sub2 with the wooden frame from LX Speaker Factory (Don Naples)?
Thanks, /patrick

Hi Patrick,

indeed, there was a brand new version of LX mini Y-shape on display. It will be -as turnkey version- on the magicLX.com as soon as more detailed pictures are done.

New, special edition of black membranes for L-16 SEAS woofers come with transparent LXmini kits and with black tube LXmini kits

Wood framed LXsub2 are done by Alan Bertozzi (he took over business from DonNaples)

Best
Frank

Hello All

Linear Integrated Systems (Linear Systems) is happy to announce that the first group of the 2018 Burning Amp Videos (Nelson Pass, Wayne Colburn, Roger Modjeski, Walk Around/DIY Project Demonstrations) has been posted on the LIS website. The balance of the videos will follow soon, so keep checking for updates.

Linear Systems

Please visit and enjoy!!!!

See you next year :)

Sincerely,

Paul Norton
Linear Integrated Systems
BIFET, JFET, INTERFET, Diodes, Transistors, DMOS, MOSFET

What are plans for 2019 BAF?
This year I will certainly volunteer with PA system in a firehouse. This time it will be complemented by cardioid bass arrays.
Also, I will bring several Edelweiss-3 amps for those who wants to demo their high end speakers. The amps have 6W per channel power, with negative output resistance for servo-control of speakers.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Ok, ok ! We are now thinking about the show. First issue is getting fresh news presenters. If you have a contact let us know!

Tragically, toobhed (Mario) can’t run the show this year. Tragic, because he did a great job last year. Again, let me know if you think you might have the chops for this and we’ll talk

Mark

BA'19?

Hi Chris, et. al.,

While I won't be able to run BA'19 due to full-time faculty duties, another DIYaudio member and past volunteer has expressed interest. Over the next few weeks a determination may be made regarding BA'19 happening and who may run it.

After BA'18, we put a "soft hold" on Ft Mason SF for Sun Nov 10, 2019. Hopefully no other party has challenged this date and put a deposit down.

When the determination is made regarding BA'19, the first order of business will be for the person running the show to put down a deposit and lock in the date.

I'm crossing my fingers it all works out.

Regards,
Mario

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear. This needs to happen, it will be my 3rd burning amp fest. I built a preamp which I would love to show off. Let me know if I can help make BAF '19 happen. It is my favorite event of the year, and my reason for living. The only time I'm ever surrounded by truly brilliant people, and I don't know what I would do without it!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.