Burning Amp 2018!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
That's great news, looking forward to seeing you there!

Pre-show dinner Saturday evening at 7:00 if you are around - informal, any/all BAF people are welcome to come

Great Eastern Restaurant
649 Jackson Street
San Francisco, CA 94133

Last edited:
Boy, this just keeps getting better! As Tom said, it'll be great to match faces with names - especially so for me, since there are so many of you who've earned my respect over the years. It's a good reminder that there are real people behind all of those user names and avatars.

I regrettably won't be able to make dinner Saturday night because I owe my wife a pizza at the best New York-style joint I've found outside of Brooklyn (really). But I figure that's a small price to pay to attend on Sunday. Besides, she has a high WAF threshold for my various projects! :D

Now back to building those TSA-friendly form-fitting foam cases...

So, dug out some stuff from my stash for the raffle. So far-

LM4780TA in three packs of four, and one pack of five.

LM3886T, two packs of six

Two Chatham 6336A dual triode, would be killer SE tubes!

Anybody planning to bring PCBs for the raffle? Maybe I could give the chips to bundle up with boards?

Still need to get into another bin for some more stuff, but it's a start I suppose.

Attachments

• IMG_20180923_190524.jpg
    IMG_20180923_190524.jpg
    976.7 KB · Views: 535
Question for folks that have brought gear to display in the past. Are there extension cords available or will the tables be near a wall plug, or do I need to bring some? I get the need to bring a power strip. I am struggling with trying to travel in only one case and stay under the weight limit!!
Thanks
David

I'm going to bring my usual Arduino RF remote controlled PGA preamp with me. I'd like to travel lighter this year, if possible, so I'd like to split my table with someone or someones who want to add an amp and spkrs to the mix. I'll have an audio source and DAC with me.

Attachments

• remote.jpg
    remote.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 535
  • pga_whiteboard.jpg
    pga_whiteboard.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 537
  • pga_blueboard.jpg
    pga_blueboard.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 526
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.