Burning Amp 2018!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Well toobhed has the last word, but generally people bring stuff they don’t need and donate it to the lottery at no cost. Getting a chance of winning stuff in the lottery is either free or a minimal charge. Basically, people are chosen by drawing, and line up in that order, and then one by one they get to choose something they want then return to the end of the line and can repeat if there’s still stuff. Generally everyone gets something, due to people’s generosity and probably due them being encouraged back home to donate!

People have sometimes tried to sell stuff but we haven’t been able to give a space for this or try to design a way to make it workable. and getting stuck behind a table for a lot of the show isn’t much fun. Possibly there could be some tables in the lottery room or an adjacent room, and people who want to sell could sit there during the lottery.

A question-

If we have spare parts/tubes to try to pas along, are there going to be any swap types of things going on at the event? I just want to know if it would be in bad taste to bring along some tubes I know I'll never use to attempt to sell. I don't want to ruffle any feathers :)

Last edited:
Thanks for putting this on.

I am going to try to come with my son (20).

We build auxiliary power systems for mobile applications, so not nearly as refined as audio applications but fairly robust.

He is showing interest in building a DIY power supply, so this meet could be very interesting.

I will have to think about the practicality of trying to wheel one in, as our smallest unit is the size of a large suitcase.

Thanks

Harry

Well toobhed has the last word, but generally people bring stuff they don’t need and donate it to the lottery at no cost. Getting a chance of winning stuff in the lottery is either free or a minimal charge. Basically, people are chosen by drawing, and line up in that order, and then one by one they get to choose something they want then return to the end of the line and can repeat if there’s still stuff. Generally everyone gets something, due to people’s generosity and probably due them being encouraged back home to donate!

People have sometimes tried to sell stuff but we haven’t been able to give a space for this or try to design a way to make it workable. and getting stuck behind a table for a lot of the show isn’t much fun. Possibly there could be some tables in the lottery room or an adjacent room, and people who want to sell could sit there during the lottery.

Perhaps I'll just bring along a few things to add to the lottery pool then, since I can't actually find/get to some of the spare stuff (our stoarage situation is a nightmare :eek:) I'll just bring along some things.

So far the only noteworthy items I can find are a very nice pair of 6336A tubes, Some big blue Mallory beer-can 50VDC capacitors, some LM4780, LM3875T, and LM3875TF (all genuine, of course) so I'll probably put them in the mix. I'll bring along anything else I find interesting that I'm not likely to use.

Also, for anyone that's been following my flea amplifier saga, the first person to bring me a pair of 6SL7 tubes gets a prototype flea amplifier PCB, their choice of octal or noval input :)

Linear Integrated Systems at BAF 2018

Linear Integrated Systems (Linear Systems) will be attending and filming.

This year LIS will be bringing data sheets, application notes and samples of the LSK389, LSK489, LSK589(new) and LSJ689(new). We will having hourly drawing for our sample boxes which include 12 different parts.

LIS will also be filming the speakers as well the walk around video where we interview the different people and get to describe what they brought. This year we are doing things a little better, with the cooperation of you folks.

Filming Requirements for 2018

1>Time: 9-11am (we used to wait after the speaker, and we missed people)

2>Company or person information will be included during the filming.
We will hand out forms at 8:30am that need to filled out and ready when
we come by.

3>We will attempt to limit the discussions to 3-5 minutes.

4>Recording sound: We will attempt to be as quick as possible. During the
filming if folks would not blast their equipment while we
are talking to another individual, it will make for a
better recording.

5>LIS Inside: If your product includes LIS devices, there will be a section on
the form to fill out to identify which part(s)

We are looking forward to seeing everyone and hear some excellent systems!

Sincerely,

Paul Norton
Linear Integrated Systems

Looking forward to seeing you too Anand (and others). It'll be good to put some faces to the names.

I'm almost done with the three amps I'll be bringing (all Modulus-686 running on ±27 V for 130/200 W into 8/4 Ω). They'll be used to power the LXmini+sub. I'll receive the final bits tomorrow (says FedEx).

Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.