Burning Amp 2018!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For BAF 2019 please go here:
Burning Amp 2019!!!

Come Experience DIY Audio at Burning Amp 2018 : SUN SEP 30 : Ft. Mason, San Francisco CA

WHEN: 9am until 7pm, SUN SEP 30, 2018
WHERE: Fort Mason Building C on second floor, Ft. Mason Firehouse, San Francisco USA (see directions, below for more info)

BurningAmp : The annual audio DIY event at Fort Mason, San Francisco CA for audiophiles who make their own equipment, components for amps, speakers, and parts.

TICKETS ARE CASH ONLY
. ADMISSION: $20 - Free if you bring a DIY component you built, to demonstrate.
. RAFFLE TIX: TBD
. LUNCH: $10

NOTE: For fresh produce and other healthy food options, check out the Fort Mason Farmer's Market going on in the parking lot until 1PM!

NEAREST ATM:
There is an ATM located in the Safeway across from the Gatehouse entrance at Marina and Laguna.

DIRECTIONS TO VENUE:
Get yourself to the corner of Marina Blvd and Buchanan St. in San Francisco (labeled as "Lower Fort Mason Entrance" on the map at link below). Drive onto the Fort Mason grounds, immediately bear right, and proceed through a small parking area to a booth across from the Gatehouse where you must pay for parking ($14/day). Using the map at the link below, navigate to Building C (located on the map just below the "M" of "Fort Mason Center" in green text). Enter Building C via the foyer off of the loading dock that is midway along the building on the side towards Building D. Take the elevator or stairs (at back of foyer) up to the second floor. Tickets will be for sale in the second floor lobby at the entrance to the event. The talks will be held in the Firehouse building, a short walk away just past Pier 3.

FORT MASON MAP:
http://www.parksconservancy.org/asse...-mason-map.pdf

MAKE SURE TO COME EARLY TO SECURE A SPOT NEAR THE EVENT IN THE FORT MASON CENTER PARKING LOT!

WHAT'S HAPPENING AT BURNING AMP 2018:
Come check out what is happening in DIY Audio at Burning Amp 2018! Bring your own projects to exhibit or just come to mingle with other DIYers and listen to talks. EVERYONE WHO BRINGS ONE OR MORE DIY PROJECTS TO SHOW IN THE DEMO ROOMS WILL GET FREE ADMISSION!

We will again have tech/design talks in the Firehouse given by Nelson Pass, Wayne Colburn (Pass Labs) and Roger Modjeski (Berkeley HiFi School). Titles TBA.

More info to come soon, but get those speakers and amps projects going, folks! Even if you don't bring a project, show up for music via creative electron hijinx!

Mario

PS: ...a shout out of thanks to Charlie Laub whose BA'17 announcement I copied and amended....

Last edited by a moderator:
Burning Amp '18

Burning Amp Ft Mason SF CA 9/30/18 Update: I'll be meeting with both Organizers of last year's Burning Amp (Mark Cronander tomorrow and Charlie Laub on Monday) for debriefings so expect to see more here by the end of next week regarding Volunteers, Food, Speakers, etc.

Also, consider which of your DIY audio jewels you'll be wanting to dazzle and impress with....

....can't you just feel the excitement?....

Mario

Burning Amp Sun Sept 30, Ft. Mason SF, CA

...arrangements are coming along very well indeed; we've secured a fantastic venue, caterer of delicious Indian food for lunch, three great Presenters/Speakers and several cheerful volunteers for Burning Amp '18 Sunday September 30th Ft Mason SF, CA.......be there.

Very soon I'll put together a schedule, (posted here, burningamp.org and elsewhere), a volunteer list (posted here too), a PR/reachout strategy, and other stuff.

Most of all, I'm really look forward to seeing the old hands again, meeting new DIYaudio'ers and viewing/listening to all the gorgeous and wonderful sounding creations!

Fire up the soldering irons, tablesaws, etc and bring something that sounds good (or even looks good) to Burning Amp '18....free admission if you're packing....

Mario

Well.....things are coming along for Sun Sep 30th 2018 Burning Amp Fest at Ft Mason, SF, CA!

We just scored a Snack/B'fast Coordinator, an experienced one from last year at that!

At the risk of harping on, please consider volunteering to help out. You can PM me or simply post a reply entry to the BA Volunteer List thread.

Thanks to all for helping make this year's event a fun one!

Mario

I'll request the time off, and if all goes well I'll bring along the 6SN7 flea Amplifier, some general build info, and maybe a few PCB's (and schematics/parts lists) to exchange with folks. If anybody is bringing some speakers that will work well with 1 watt per channel let me know and maybe we can see how they play together :)

Glad to see that this is happening this year!

Here's a PM that I received from Audiokarma:

Count me in Cary! I recently finished building the Amp Camp amps, they're gonna sound great with the new Econowave speakers that I'm building!

Thanks,
Chris

Last year our friend Chris bought a couple of Econowave speakers to BA, we used my Bottlehead SEX amp to power a pair.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.