Burning Amp 2018!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you go to this, be VERY careful where you park. There is very, very little parking in Fort Mason itself, and parking outside of Fort Mason is very limited. I parked in a lot outside of Fort Mason and didn't see the itty, bitty sign that said it was restricted parking. I got a VERY large fine for parking there. I forget just how much, but I believe is was something like $175 or so.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I parked in a lot outside of Fort Mason and didn't see the itty, bitty sign that said it was restricted parking. I got a VERY large fine for parking there. I forget just how much, but I believe is was something like $175 or so.

Last year I used Google Maps to find Fort Mason, then selected "Nearby Parking". It gave me last year's map; today's map is attached below. I chose to park in the multistory parking garage circled on the map. It was about 7 blocks from Fort Mason. I don't remember the price, it was neither memorably large nor memorably small. I'll hazard a guess: $30 for all day. There seem to be several other lots in the vicinity, denoted by a red "P" on the map.

Use your smartphone, use your google-fu, use your technological mastery, to find public parking lots.

_

Attachments

• parkmap.png
    parkmap.png
    350.1 KB · Views: 556
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The parking at Ft. Mason depends entirely on what else is happening on that day. Last year there was some huge antique and crafts event in one of the huge pier buildings so parking was scarce. Almost always if you arrive by 9 to help load in, there is no parking problem.

Mario is doing a great job so far, He really has a put lot of enthusiasm into the show, something I was losing after 10 years!

Last edited:
The parking at Ft. Mason depends entirely on what else is happening on that day. Last year there was some huge antique and crafts event in one of the huge pier buildings so parking was scarce. Almost always if you arrive by 9 to help load in, there is no parking problem.

Mario is doing a great job so far, He really has a put lot of enthusiasm into the show, something I was losing after 10 years!

Arriving early is indeed key. An added bonus is chatting and becoming better acquainted with the other folks prior to setting up. And I certainly won't complain about the crafts fair, as it gave my wife something to do. She had as much fun as I did!

YEa! Booked airline tickets today. Will be coming to first ever for me BA2018. For my entry I will be bringing a number of headphone amps I have built from circuits designed by DIYA members for a listen.
Question for Mario, do I need to sign up for lunch or is there enough to go around?

David, from Nashville

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Zen Mod earned his flight by grilling all those sausages!
Maybe next year we should fly him in again like they were discussing..
Lets keep it in mind. Esp. cool because since I'm not the organizer I
can have more fun!

Mark

tnx Mr. Iguana for your kind words ...... even if I hope that I earned something as that in some other ways than just grilling few dozens of sausages (mainly abusing threads everywhere and calling Fugly! and Sissy everything and everyone :rofl: )

to be frank/honest/open ,a week or so ago - I was approached by Tom V , representing Greedy Boyz working in organization of this year's BAF , offering greenies for airfare and besides that - spare bedroom , for entire time of Mighty ZM harassing BAF attendees ......
However , I was forced to decline ubergenerous offer , due to some important and unavoidable family obligations in end of September .... so I said greaaaaaaaat tnx to boyz , giving them my grant to call me ungrateful bstrd in public :)

anyway , I was later in some correspondence with Pa ,sorta promising him that I'll be there next year (God/Buddha given) to grill some sausages , then sleep a little in one of his comfy chairs at SR

again , publicly , tnx to BAF boyz from my part .... and tnx for good work , generally

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Well yes, your fame has been established by your ridiculous amount of help to diyAudio members over the years, but it is fun to say that when you got here we put you to work cooking! And BAF is a different entity than diyAudio except everyone in one group is in the other!

Mark
Variac
Iguana
etc.

:spin:

Last edited:
David aka drpro,

We're psyched you can make it this year! We have lunch for over 100 hungry diyer's, so I think you're good! ...and snacks, and just wait 'till I post the raffle stuff that Nelson just donated, with a little luck they'll be something for just about everyone! (everyone gets a free raffle ticket with entry)

Mario

Time for folks to start thinking what they'll bring to demo and display...remember, free admission to all who bring diy audio creations...

David,

Weather in the Bay Area at the end of September can be beautiful! If it is clear and winds are offshore/from the North, we could be in 80's. If there is onshore breeze or wind with fog we could be in the low 60's.....so check the forecast as the date approaches....

We're looking forward to seeing your headphone amps!

Mario

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.