Burning Amp 2018!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2016
Paid Member
"Duhhh, I dunno. Delorean Flux Capacitor?"
"No. Its definitely an Orgasmatron. Yep. Orgasmatron."

Attachments

• BA10.jpg
    BA10.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 674
...6L6 giving an impromptu dance lesson, this segment, the "Monster Mash"...
I think it's great you are teaching others to dance. What I think is a stroke of genius is hanging your forum avatar from your t-shirt. That is incredible, everyone should do that! I can see Papa Nelson brandishing that twig with a big red 'eye' on his chest! :)

I love the idea!

Also, I see Herb Reichert in the audience. I enjoy reading and listening to his paused voice on the podcasts.

Looks like a great crew!

Thanks for all the pics and stories of the event,
Rafa.

Nice reportage :) I have to take trip overseas once to get at such nice festival.

I am wondering, how LXmini(s) (together with sub) were able to fill such a big room?

I would say , we were mostly playing
at less than max volume.

As long as you run LXsub2 without subsonic garbage <20Hz, they provide a pleasing SPL.

Extreme SPL: If you want to feel the bass drum strokes in your chest, LXsub4 (LXstudio/LX521) would be the choice.

Best
Frank

Dude and David, thanks for the pics which prompt the rhetorical question:

"Could any piece of audio equipment be any more gorgeous than this?"

...didn't get a chance to appreciate it in the moment on Sunday but from David's and Dude's pics I'm re-inspired to get to work!

Attachments

• IMG_5740.jpg
    IMG_5740.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 234
Thanks for the compliments, fellas; that means a lot coming from you guys!

I don't know, drpro; the stuff you brought was very nice. It was all well built and sounded incredible (yours were the headphone amps, right?). And Tom's Neurochrome products look spectacular. Truth is, the combined talents of all those present at BAF practically leak out of the windows and run down the outside walls. When you combine that with such good fellowship it makes a truly unique event - one I'm proud to be involved with. You all inspire me.

It was really great to see everyone there last week, both acquaintances from last year and relatively new folks, too. Mario, you did an incredible job of organization and pulling everything together. And I also owe Tom V a huge "thank you" for the use of the little monitors; they sound much larger than they were - and looked great doing it!

Last edited:
More than meets the eye with the small speaker

When I attended Burning AMP Festival this last weekend this one particular small speaker stood out among the rest. What you don’t see is the four 100 W amplifiers with their own individual power supplies integrated into each amplifier board inside the cabinet . Then there’s the two passive radiators one on the top of the cabinet and one firing down on the bottom of the cabinet . For those of you who were not at Burning AMP let me set the stage for this particular speaker . It was sitting on top of a larger speaker cabinet with 10 inch woofers and there is a large chassis multi-tube amplifier resting on the table in between The speaker cabinet ,for the amount of base and sound that was coming out of what you thought were the lower speaker cabinets was actually the upper tiny speaker cabinets and the source was coming from a phone or an iPod or a laptop. Once you realized all that sound was coming out of only the top small speakers it definitely caught peoples attention and they sat down and listened in amazement .

Attachments

• F8046458-DC4B-4325-B47D-534CB62ABDB4.jpg
    F8046458-DC4B-4325-B47D-534CB62ABDB4.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 758
  • E98702CA-0F0C-4305-A493-8463FF301CF0.jpg
    E98702CA-0F0C-4305-A493-8463FF301CF0.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 751
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.