Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

What are you bringing to Burning Amp 2017?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th November 2017, 02:41 PM   #31
nikon f is offline nikon f  United States
diyAudio Member

What time will the doors be open so we can set up?

Cary
Old 8th November 2017, 04:24 AM   #32
CharlieLaub is offline CharlieLaub  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon f View Post
What time will the doors be open so we can set up?

Cary
The venue rental starts at 8am but the first 30 minutes are reserved for setting up the demo rooms (e.g. tables and chairs and moving blankets).

You could shoot for 8:30am and that would be about right.
Old 8th November 2017, 05:12 PM   #33
Skip Pack is offline Skip Pack  United States
diyAudio Member

I've gotten most of the way through a new amplification chain, so I'll be bringing them up working. I can bring a complete DIY system, but look to your advice on redundancy.

The two new items are:

1) A preamp based on the Neurochrome THAT Driver. This accepts three single ended inputs and output balanced signal because:

2) The new power amp is a bridged ACA, that needs the balanced input to accomplish the bridging.

I will also bring a Raspberry Pi 2B with an Allo Boss DAC running Moode. This has the music files written to the SD card that serves as the boot device. Very convenient for portability.

I can also bring some older DIY Studio 1Pi speakers. My Altec open baffles are a bit too much for me to haul up and back, at least this year. The Altecs are the reason for the bridged amp, since they are 16 ohm drivers. The 8 ohm Pi speakers work fine on the bridged amp. Should someone want to partner providing speakers, I'm open to that.

Looking forward to Sunday!

Skip
Old 8th November 2017, 10:12 PM   #34
paul n is offline paul n  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello All:

Linear Integrated Systems will be shooting our walk around video taping between the hours of 9:00am and 11:00am. We have a new video person who will be using a tripod and a wireless lapel microphone to conduct the interview. In the past our video quality was lacking, which we are trying to correct this time around.

We will be working one room at a time, the presenters will be asked to provide their name, where they are from, and a brief description of what they have brought. It would be helpful if the other folks in the room, keep the sound down during our interviews to provide a better quality video. Hopefully we can get video everyone, with everyone's cooperation and assistance. See you on Sunday

Any questions or concerns, let me know.

Sincerely,

Paul Norton
Marketing Manager
Linear Integrated Systems (Linear Systems)
Old 10th November 2017, 04:35 AM   #35
Falk is offline Falk
diyAudio Member

I'll bring my Midget Horns (Fane 12" + ESS tweeters), a pair of 20B/1605 Sakuma style monos, a Violectric V800 DAC, a vintage (white polycarbonate) MacBook, a soldering station ...
Besides the soldering station everything runs on 230V. So I'll bring a transformer, too :-)
Old 10th November 2017, 08:27 PM   #36
wayne is offline wayne  United States
Auburn
diyAudio Member

I will have three of the headphone amps in different variations. The source is a RPI with a Phat dac so nothing great but you can bring music on a USB stick.
Old 11th November 2017, 01:36 AM   #37
nickm1 is offline nickm1  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm planning on bringing an amp, preamp, and also a set of MT speakers if I can get them together in time.
Old 11th November 2017, 04:05 AM   #38
Wavebourn is offline Wavebourn  United States
Designer & Technologist
diyAudio Member

I am bringing a couple of amps with nested feedbacks. One is Hercules, 12BQ6 P-P, 30W per channel, and another, GK-71 Gubernator-71, whooping 45W per channel SE. However, I plan to use the Gubernator in Lighthouse for PA, but before that it will be available to pair with speakers.
Nothing in the universe is perfect. The ideal things are the ones that are most optimal. Optimization criteria, what matters. When I hear "No Compromise Design", I want to take a sledgehammer and test how impact-proof it is.
Old 11th November 2017, 04:22 PM   #39
Cbh is offline Cbh
diyAudio Member

Default First Time Attendee Bring Raspberry Pi Running Mopidy

I am flying in to attend BAF for the first time. I will be bringing my work-in-progress Raspberry Pi server/streamer. The plan was for it to stream Google Play but that has been unreliable. I am having minor success with Spotify.

It is current running Mopidy (the only MPD client I could find that supports Google Play) but I am exploring others. Any recommendations would be welcome.

Anyway, let me know where to land it.
CBH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cbh_pi_server_front.jpg (916.8 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg cbh_pi_server_rear.jpg (945.7 KB, 146 views)
Old 11th November 2017, 08:46 PM   #40
CharlieLaub is offline CharlieLaub  United States
diyAudio Member

Folks, please be advised that there is no internet access (other than wireless 3G type mobile phone connectivity) available at Fort Mason.

What are you bringing to Burning Amp 2017?Hide this!Advertise here!