Burning Amp 2017: SUN NOV 12, San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to give a hearty "thank you"* to all that made Burning Amp 2017 possible. Wow - I can't remember the last time I had such a blast! It was truly worth the trip, as gatherings like this are all too rare.

The only real downer - if you can indeed call it that - was that there was so much to see, do and learn. A bit overwhelming, but a good problem to have. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everybody, too; you're truly a first class crowd. And then there were those magic apple pies that just seemed to keep appearing out of nowhere...

*If I was still on the east coast I could offer a "laurel and hearty thank you", but we don't have many laurels in the Midwest.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Yes indeed! This was a GREAT show, lots of new and exciting things, to see, many people who hadn't attended or displayed before, and yet many familiar faces whom I only see once a year.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Also, for those of you who have considered visiting but haven't, the weather has been absolutely incredible for the show for as long as I can remember. Use BAF as an excuse to visit San Francisco. :D :D :D

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Thank you, the appreciation, is a great encouragement to continue with the show. It’s far from perfect, but we are always trying to make it better. This year it was the idea of having more presentations. I think that worked out great! It’s hard to get a perfect location, and what we have has its limits, but we work with it!

Yeah, as with the many business conventions in SF, the region is a huge attraction. It’s OK to come partially for that! And even more important that your partner who might not be THAT into audio can find something fun to do also. Then you both can spend a few days enjoying SF together- don’t forget to do that!

By the way for those who couldn't get to everything, the presentations from Seigfried, Papa Pass and others are on YouTube. My only regret is I kept going back to see if those AeroGel speakers with the top mounted super tweeter were being played and it seem's I missed it every time. Would the speaker owner please tell us more about your creation :)
Can't wait to see Nelson's analog crossover for the LX mini to get to the diy store. Was a great day as always!

SF is a beautiful city for sure. My wife and I arrived Friday, left late Monday and had an awesome time in between. And Variac nailed it; it was indeed great to put faces to names I'd come to know and respect online.

This trip was a sort of "consolation prize", as it was partly a belated birthday/anniversary present for my wife. We'd originally planned on going to Mesa Verde back in August, but those plans were scotched when I contracted a prize-winning case of appendicitis.

It's good I recovered quickly, because four hours after arriving home from Burning Amp, I promptly broke my ankle. :eek:

I am wondering what i would need to do to reproduce @1audio presentation on choosing load resistors. I have a hand-held LCR meter and want to see how well some 100W resistors I have compare to the Chinese eBay resistors that came recommended out of the presentation. Any guidance from Damian or other audience members would be appreciated [emoji4]

Status
Not open for further replies.