Burning Amp 2017: SUN NOV 12, San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you be so kind to mention there BAF 2017? People think that it will not happen this year.

Wavebourn, this has to be done by Mark Cronander. He is the only one with access to the site. I agree that this should be updated as soon as possible with the 2017 info. He can springboard the new info off of the content that I created for last year's event since much of it remains the same. He's pretty busy, so give him some time to make the necessary updates.

Hej guys,
(I assume this is my first post in this forum after reading for years ...)

I would like to attend the burning amp and I could bring either a pair of mono blocks using Emission Labs 20B driving 1605 ' s or my daily workhorse using Russian 7sch10s driving 807 s.

I also have a quite nice pair of self designed horns fitting to those amps.

All the devices have been on display on the German Frickelfest but since they are all located in the Bay area now it would be more than easy to get them to Fort Mason.
Dropbox - 1605 - 1.jpg
Dropbox - 807 - 1.jpg
Dropbox - midget - 1.jpg

To be honest: There exists a copy of the 807, but it's the one I built for a friend. And two more are just beeing built in Germany by some friends of mine.
Have a great day!
Falk

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Ok, that's a great help, often we forget the Sources!
At Nelson Pass's suggestion, this year we'll have a room that rotates amps and sources, and a room that rotates loudspeakers. We really want to have the rooms organized so people can increase their knowledge of the components they are interested in..

Mark

Last edited:
I saw that papa pass wrote on firstwatt.com:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A nice person sent me a note the other day asking after my health, as I had not posted in quite a while. “Still above ground,” sez I, but thanks for asking.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Burning Amp is at Fort Mason in San Francisco this year on Nov 12. Possibly the biggest event yet, certainly the most effort and money and attendance by audio luminaries, so mark your calendar.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
Getting new things ready for release, including the SIT-3, which you will see this year. Also lots of DIY toys, including some great crossover filters (including LX-mini), EQ filters of various utility for loudspeakers, and the Amp Camp Amp #2, the DEF Amp, and the DEFiSIT.
[/FONT]
does this mean that their will be an amp camp at burning amp this year? I am trying to figure out my travel plans, should I just go for the day or make a weekend out of it.[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Attachments

• A46EAD0E-000C-40CA-AAF5-A8BC35F87324.jpg
    A46EAD0E-000C-40CA-AAF5-A8BC35F87324.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 477
I saw that papa pass wrote on firstwatt.com:

does this mean that their will be an amp camp at burning amp this year? I am trying to figure out my travel plans, should I just go for the day or make a weekend out of it.[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
As far as I know, there is no amp camp planned for BA this year. I think NP is just bringing the amps to the show. He would be the better person to say for sure.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I organized the original Amp Camp, and Nelson decided to create a special design just for us that was simple and safe enough for newbies to build, yet sounded great. As time has passed, it has been proven to be a pretty brilliant design.

It really has few parts so is easy to build, especially because it uses a laptop computer power supply: cheap, safe, and does indeed sound good. I don't have time to organize another Amp Camp, but my hope is that in the future as we spread around the responsibilities we could have a second day with workshops such as Amp Camp where a group of people can build amps in the afternoon, and seminars and such. But not this year!

HOWEVER: Nelson Pass will have some Amp surprises that will be of great interest to people who are interested in the original Amp Camp Amp concepts and which will be supported by
DiyAudio. Hint hint!

Mark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.