2017 PNW DIY Show

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mikeallenlee,

You are certainly welcome to attend our DIY Event. A number of us will be fresh from the Van Isle Event held at Dave's place outside of Victoria. We all speak a somewhat acceptable version of English, that is commonly held to be understandable (if just barely!).

Hope to see you here!

Best Regards,
Terry

them'd be a sturdy work shoe -, and Terry - is a chesterfield like a divan?

3219057923_382c779cf7_b.jpg

this one I like "After 10 months (of research), no adverse effects...."
ah, the golden age of science

Last edited:
Is that Alfred E Neuman's not so innocent cousin? Who sells chesterfields, divans and HiFi consoles, but doesn't own a pair of brogans?

Is Josh's real name Brogan?

Urban DictionaryTop Definition
Brogan
A Slang/Street term for bad motherf--ker who has an AK-47 and gets all the bitches. Deals guns for sh-ts and buzz's. Chain smokes swishers and phillies. A status symbol. Popular in the ghettos of boston and chicago. East Coast terminology.

Chris, right about the Brogans. (had to look that one up myself)

But the Chesterfield differs from a divan, in that the arms and back are both full height. Our neighbors had one when I was a kid. They brought it from Alberta, where they had lived previously.

Oh, and mikealanlee, don't worry about putting your Brogans on the Chesterfield. Terry would be glad to give you the shirt off his back to clean up the couch.
:D

Attachments

• brogans_chesterfield.jpg
    brogans_chesterfield.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
DaveR - you've seen shirtless Terry? Cal and Scottie are more than our group can handle, so let's not encourage more

Howard - in case you weren't funnin' me on the identity of the personality in that ad, it was - "the old redhead" Arthur Godfrey, big time media personality and sort-of actor /entertainer mostly popular from in the 40-50's

HI Chris,

In addition to sticking my foot in my mouth at least occasionally, I am also lacking in some cultural literacy! Interesting for me though that not knowing the fame attached to the image, what I saw was less than flattering. Back in the day the cigarette was a symbol of sophistication I think. That has changed mostly.

Interesting, after reading a bit on Wikipedia about Godfrey, he was generally seen in a uplifting light, and well loved. He did give up cigarette smoking/advertising (about the same time as my mother did, who is alive now) when he got diagnosed with lung cancer.

It would be a long trip for me but I'd come if I didn't already have plans for that weekend. I fly for free and have been wanting to go back for a few days anyway. Seattle was my old haunt back in the 80s and I like to go back every 5 years or so just to see it. Bringing equipment would be a problem though.

I'm gathering parts for an Amity and I saw on another post that one would make an appearance there with an original builder.

Maybe next year when my kids are done with being driven to college...

I'm gathering parts for an Amity and I saw on another post that one would make an appearance there with an original builder.

I'd enjoy hearing more about your Amity plans. I have a couple of IT coupled amps and one is very like an Amity in that it also has input transformers. Lynn's amps were my inspiration but of course I have to go off in my own bit of a direction.
John

Wandering DIYer

Rushing back from LA in a couple of days to complete my speakers and water my garden! Much thanks to Darcie for for watering/eating my veges while I wandered. Hoping to make the Oregon eclipse scene on the 21st. Praying my AC holds out. Good luck to Rene' this weekend and to all our ambassadors who make it to Planet 10 DIYfest as well. TAKE PICTURES PLEASE.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.