Burning Amp 2016

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I liked the big studio mics fine in the past- they looked cool!
And they were hugely better than no PA!

Yes, with studio mics, flat frequency response and custom line arrays it sounded like with no PA (well, no distortions that people got used to associate with PA), but was heard well everywhere. Thanks to line arrays coverage was wide, with low reverberation. But a lapel mic would be more convenient.

Burning Amplifier Festival 2016 TALKS

:redhot: Please Diyers share with us last news :redhot:

Attachments

• 2CBCE8BF-D80B-4958-BE35-986C0AD036F9.JPG
    2CBCE8BF-D80B-4958-BE35-986C0AD036F9.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 464
  • C6E9477C-0E03-4894-B7C5-0AB406185C03.JPG
    C6E9477C-0E03-4894-B7C5-0AB406185C03.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 456
Such a great time! A huge thanks to @claub for organizing!
A big thanks to @wavebourn for letting me borrow his amps for a few minutes :)
It was great meeting or seeing you all again :)
f5acf20e828beb8d029d5387c1cfe8dd.jpg
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thanks to all who made Burning Amp 2016 possible! What a fascinating event to attend!

Near the end of his talk, NP described his latest experiment: an output stage which pairs a high-current N-channel depletion FET (silicon carbide MOSFET if I understand correctly) with a P-channel enhancement MOSFET. If you match the parts correctly, the combination is self-biasing; NP showed some tricks for trimming the biasing to compensate for slight mismatches between the two FETs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.