Burning Amp 2016

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, November is fine. I have a venue September 30- October 2

This time I may bring a dozen of amp prototypes and some speakers, in addition to PA that I am going to bring.

Did you bring the PA speakers to the 1st BA that was entertaining the sailors in their boats off of Angel Island? I remember that sounding really good!

Of course, I been accused of being deaf by some on this forum! :D

Did you bring the PA speakers to the 1st BA that was entertaining the sailors in their boats off of Angel Island? I remember that sounding really good!

Of course, I been accused of being deaf by some on this forum! :D

No, it was not mine. Mine were tall foldable line arrays and condenser mics with large diaphragms. It was a big square hall with low ceiling, lot of reverberation, it did not sound loud, but everything was heard clean everywhere.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
No, it was not mine. Mine were tall foldable line arrays and condenser mics with large diaphragms. It was a big square hall with low ceiling, lot of reverberation, it did not sound loud, but everything was heard clean everywhere.

But you didn't show up last year after promising to come, and didn't warn us!
No PA! :(

Last edited:

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks Charlie and Mark. BA is a lot of fun. Have you considered traditional hotel meeting rooms? Something like an Embassy Suites has large guestrooms, and it usually has a small conference meeting center with a few rooms. Could be the right fit for your budget. Though, I know nothing about the cost of renting such a place nor do I know your budget.

Really, if it was not in or near San Francisco it wouldn't be "The Burning Amp Festival" would it?
Mark, Charlie, and others have worked very hard and harnessed the unique array of talent and enthusiasm for DIY audio to create a truly wonderful gathering.
However, there are similar meetings around the country. Just look in the "Clubs and Events" forum. I'm certain that you could find sufficient enthusiasm and interest in Texas to create your own unique DIY meet.

Well, don't think I'm being all that snobbish - I would call my own home town (San Jose), a hole in the middle of nowhere even though it has almost a million population and is only a hour's drive from SF. Shifting the BA locale south to here (SJ) from SF would probably lose us almost all our heavy hitters, and most casual participants to boot. There's as much a lack of suitable venues here as in SF, probably almost as expensive, too.

I've thought of doing a smallish interim meeting for Silicon Valley locals, but don't know of a suitable venue that would have the small to medium size rooms needed. Lotsa halls/auditoriums that just won't cut it. It's not a wedding or a banquet, after all...

BTW, if you think there is traction for a similar event elsewhere in the US, go for it.

Last edited:
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Not really sure about a bigger or at least better crowd elsewhere. People have come to the show and told me "take this concept on the road and it'd be huge!" I wonder though. Being nestled here in the Bay Area area spanning Silicon Valley to SF to Marin County and drifting over towards Sacramento is a great place to find music geeks and geeks of all sorts, some who's heyday was over 40 years ago, interacting with digital design and programmer types- that's a pretty special place! Plus we all live or lived around here, and don't really want to travel too far.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.