The Greater Ottawa and Environs DIY Audio 2016 Get together.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Attachment test.

This started out as an attachment test. It works !!!

Pierre was asking about my system that I offered to bring to the get together this year.

In the mid nineties this was a 2 way system with a passive crossover. It started life as a Pispeakers.com design of Wayne Parham who sends designs to people for free and then helps them on his forum when they need it.

The system is set up as a 3 way system today with an active crossover, 4 channels of ClassD Audio power for the lows (15 inch) and mids (8 inch horn loaded) , and an SMSL 3116 based amp for the top end (1" compression drivers). I use Spotify for source just about all the time these days and have a Musical Fidelity V90 Dac.

Hopefully some people at the get together this year will enjoy it as much as I do.

Grant.

Whole system.jpg

Electronics.jpg

Side shot.jpg

Last edited:
Is there any interest or need in having a group chat for planning or discussion?

We could setup a 'Slack' channel for this (I don't care for it, but it's very accessible to many folks). Or my personal preference - IRC (though I can appreciate this may be a barrier of entry for many).

I'm happy to do the leg work setting this up if it's something folks think is a good idea.

----------

One other thing that I would be happy to do if folks want is setup a ottawa diyaudio website for pictures and other information.

We're making good progress moving things forward, but now need some help set up a mailing list for organizing this event. Can anyone lend a hand? This will be used to collect input and to organize details.

Please PM me here if you can help set up a mailing list, so we can get this off the ground!

Thanks,
Dave

We're doing things a bit differently this year. If you have any gear you want to show off, please contact Justin and he'll set you up in the group list. From there we have a google docs sign up sheet where anyone
- bringing gear
- giving a talk
- requesting a talk
- requesting anything measured

needs to enter their specifics in the sheet (<5 mins task)

This way we can pretend to be organized this year. :)

We're doing things a bit differently this year. If you have any gear you want to show off, please contact Justin and he'll set you up in the group list. From there we have a google docs sign up sheet where anyone
- bringing gear
- giving a talk
- requesting a talk
- requesting anything measured

needs to enter their specifics in the sheet (<5 mins task)

This way we can pretend to be organized this year. :)

And end up having more fun to boot!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.