12th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2015

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These are the things I really miss:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 10.09.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 10.09.43 AM.png
    823.2 KB · Views: 247
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 10.05.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 10.05.58 AM.png
    490 KB · Views: 231
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 10.06.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 10.06.20 AM.png
    600 KB · Views: 224
we enjoyed you in spirit if not the flesh Cal - and that's a lot of either - I think there was still some beer left over, Daniel and Dana's valiant efforts notwithstanding

2 most frequent comments among the regular nut-bar contingent were:
"what would Brother Cal do " - actually that's not too hard to imagine
"ain't the same without him"

Scott - yes, it's probably hard to make the 88Wk sound bad - but clipping the 5wpc ACA at full tilt boogie would do that.

Last edited:
Sure, dude, just let me finish these beers - I'm drinking for two, ya know

Good one.:D

even with only 5W of ACA power on the mid/tweeters

Kept certain old men with itchy volume fingers from really cranking those suckers.;)

Anybody keep a tune listing of what was played at the front of Dave's? The guys where ripping flac's as the CD's came out of the player. I'd like to get a listing of what Bands/groups where played.

What I can remember from Daniel's playlist:

Koop - Glomd
Powder Blues Band - Doin' it Right
Dave Bruebeck Quartet - Far More Drums ? (from Time Further Out)
Pink Martini - don't know the track title

jeff

Last edited:
Well J, if you're referring to the Eminence 12LTAs and the RadioShack/ Fostex FT17H combo, I'd take several of the other offerings even from those that I didn't build - if for no other reason than size. For example, AFAIC Eric's black faceted two-ways ( driver compliment I can't remember), or Dana's Koss MTM powered monitors ( even with surround falling apart on one of the 4 woofers) delivered far more of the detail and musicality that I look for.

For "big", I'd take the bi-amped Alpair 12PW/7P MTMs over the Eminence combo in a New York minute - just never been a fan of the PA drivers as hi-if sound

That's what makes this a horse-race - there is no best

BTW, nice work with the long lens - to catch the top of the canopy, that one shot had to have been taken from the top of the driveway

Last edited:
Well J, I for one would take several of the other offerings over the Eminence 12LTAs and the RadioShack/ Fostex FT17H - if for no other reason than size. For example, AFAIC Eric's black faceted two-ways ( driver compliment I can't remember), or Dana's Koss MTM powered monitors ( even with surround falling apart on one of the 4 woofers) delivered far more of the detail and musicality that I look for.

For "big", I'd take the bi-amped Alpair 12PW/7P MTMs over the Eminence combo in a New York minute - just never been a fan of the PA drivers as hi-if sound

That's what makes this a horse-race - there is no best

BTW, nice work with the long lens - to catch the top of the canopy, that one shot had to have been taken from the top of the driveway

I thought it was a good shot :) i was trying to listen to you and music and other conversations at same time wasn't working to well though..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.