Lone Star Audio Fest 2015

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's that time of year again! Just over a month away.
Lone Star Audiofest
May 1, 2 and 3, 2015
Embassy Suites Dallas Park Central Area Hotel
13131 North Central Expressway
Dallas, Texas 75243

"Welcome to the Woodstock of high-end audio shows." Come as you are. Show up and setup or just look around!" If you've been to a big show like RMAF, well, LSAF is nothing like that. This is a grass roots event that caters to big and small alike.The event is open to business, diyers, and really pretty much anyone with an interest in audio. Newly added to the Lone Star Audio Fest this year is Lone Star Record Show 2015. There will be records, cds, and used equipment for sale.

Many attendees get a suite and bring their systems to show off at LSAF. That's a lot of the attraction of this event, visiting rooms, listening to music and meeting others who are as passionate about audio as we are. There have been everything from high end audio stores to single individuals with their home made projects. The cost is only that of the room (at special rates). For show visitors there's no desk in the lobby where you pick up your show badge and brochure, because there is no show badge or brochure. Instead, you get to see everything for free. Its a party that doesn't stop. They have an open bar at 7:00 PM nightly and all sorts of audio junkies to rub elbows with. This is also an opportunity to meet and chat with some of the big players in the industry like Dave from Raven Audio. He is a hell of a guy and offers some of the biggest, baddest tube amps on the market.

The Lone Star Audiofest will be held in the Embassy Suites Dallas Park Central hotel on May 1, 2 and 3, 2015. There is no registration cost for exhibitors and no admission price for attendees. Your relationship is entirely between you and the hotel; We're basically just all agreeing to meet there, and by booking as a group we are able to get a better room rate. So be sure to let them know you're attending the LSAF event. You can make reservations online or by phone. To make reservations by phone, dial 972-234-3300 and tell them you are coming to the Lone Star Audiofest. Reservations Online

Just talked with Dave Thomson of Raven Audio, and he is going to provide me a set of his latest pre and monoblocks for Lone Star Audio Fest. The pre will be the Black Raven Silhouette Mk2 Line Stage and amps will be a pair of Black Raven 300B Mk2.1 Monoblocks Raven makes some fine equipment! Stop by for a listen. Speakers are to be announced.

Attachments

• New 2015 Black Raven 300B MK2.1 Mono SM c.jpg
    New 2015 Black Raven 300B MK2.1 Mono SM c.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 176
  • New Silhouette MK2 Line Stage b.jpg
    New Silhouette MK2 Line Stage b.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 170
Good write up Douglas78729.

I'm planning to attend for the 5th time myself.

I think it's well worth the 200 plus mile drive to get there from eastern Oklahoma....

looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones too....

Didja mention the beer???

John

I'm going to try and make it down there for a day. Thanks for the notice!

jdrouin, If you wanna ride, this bus leaves Checotah area somewhat early... 6ish, ( look to arrive around 9:30) depart for home about, whenever... Already have one to ride along, more the merrier...

Not a bus, my Chrysler 300... would still have an empty seat if anyone else wants to go....

John

Thanks for the writeup Doug! IBM has been working me to the bone so I haven't gotten a whole lot of time to update things and get in on the conversations this year!

I'll be there with a NEW version of my my media server and I'll also have my newest line arrays that I showed last year. The line array crossovers got a complete overhaul from last year's showing due to my resistor values being improper on the tweeter and mid sections. That made them deficient on those areas. I beefed things up and these things sound STELLAR! I'm really excited for everyone to hear them this year.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

LSAF Schedule

Lone Star Audiofest Schedule

Friday

3:00pm Check-in and setup
3:00pm to 6:00pm Exhibitor rooms open to the public
6:00pm to 8:00pm Private showings, exhibitor rooms open optional
8:00pm Exhibitor rooms closed for the night

Saturday

10:00am to 6:00pm Exhibitor rooms open to the public
11:00am to 12:00pm Basic Room Acoustics, by Johnson Knowles
1:00pm to 2:00pm Tube Amplifier Seminar, by Bruce Heran
3:00pm to 4:00pm "Things You Should Never Do With A Turntable", by Scott Sheaffer
4:00pm to 5:00pm Horn design, a look into the world of acoustic amplification, by Johan Van Zyl
6:00pm to 8:00pm All those who wish to join us may go to dinner together
6:00pm to 8:00pm Private showings, exhibitor rooms open optional
8:00pm Exhibitor rooms closed for the night

Sunday

10:00am Exhibitor rooms open optional
12:00pm Checkout time

3 friends and myself rented a couple of rooms and drove up from Austin with a system just as an excuse to party. We were in the 5one2 Audio room (512 Austin Area Code). We had a great time hosting in our room and also getting around to see the other rooms. We seemed to have a good crowd in our room all day Saturday (ya think the free beer helped?).
Lots of nice gear at the show, although not quite as much as in years past.

Here's a pic of our room, made up of a piece or two from each of our systems.

Attachments

• LSAF Room 214 May 2015.jpg
    LSAF Room 214 May 2015.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 81
Thanks to 5one2 Audio

3 friends and myself rented a couple of rooms and drove up from Austin with a system just as an excuse to party. We were in the 5one2 Audio room (512 Austin Area Code). We had a great time hosting in our room and also getting around to see the other rooms. We seemed to have a good crowd in our room all day Saturday (ya think the free beer helped?).
Lots of nice gear at the show, although not quite as much as in years past.

Here's a pic of our room, made up of a piece or two from each of our systems.

Big Thanks to the 5one2 Audio members for being at LSAF. For a first time attendee there open hospitality was unexpected, there knowledgeable and honest answers were appreciated and the great tunes they provided was ear candy.

JT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.