DIY Audio Ottawa 21-22 Feb 2015

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is what I've been working on the last few months. Boards have been ordered, so I should have lots of time to complete it.

24/192 DAC, DC coupled outputs, both differential and single ended.

I hope it works :)

Attachments

• DAC.jpg
    DAC.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 153
Pierre - Thanks for persisting with trying to get that booking confirmed.

Mark - I'll plan to bring a couple of drivers for measuring... just have to take the time to try to get them out of the old speaker cabinets. I'd hoped to repurpose the woofers & cabinets for some Mini Econowave-type conversions, so I probably should find out if they measure ok.

Again, it's looking like I won't have any builds to bring this time around (though I have higher hopes for completing something for the 2016 meet!). I can/will bring a manufactured TPA3116 integrated amp - the SMSL SA60 - in case anyone has not heard one of these little guys. This is "stock", including power supply.

Hope to see you all soon.
- Ron

Joined 2004
Paid Member
The president of the association wrote to say that things are looking good for the hall rental, and that he will confirm this upon his return from holidays.

From my notes of our luncheon, here are some of the DIY creations that could make it to our get together:
  • Tyler: One or two DACs, headphone amp
  • Shanelle: DAC
  • Mark: 2-way horn-loaded speakers
  • John: foam core speakers
  • "Tall" John: Nano neos 2-way bookshelfs, Napoleons bookshelfs, CHR70 full-range speakers, TI Amps, SMSL Digital amps
  • and me: 2-way speakers inspired from Lynn Olson's "beyond-the-ariel"

Mark is bringing his speakers test and measurement rig.

This should be fun :).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.