Milwaukee Area Meetup April 12

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For anyone that wants to meet and discuss audio related subjects I will be hosting the event on March 1st at 2pm, tenatively. If that is a bad time or date let me know and I'll try to reschedule. Bring tunes or hardware and your best ears. Snacks, soft and hard refreshments will be provided.
Please send an email to RSVP. I would like an idea of how many will attend.
Anyone in the Greater Milwaukee area is welcome.
Thanks,
Dave
dshortt9

Dave, that was Big Fun. It's nice when we can just chat and listen, songs and albums all the way through, no wire swapping and listening to the same cut over and over. :D

Only downside is that I'm lusting after those Heil tweeters! And the blizzard for the drive home...

Can't thank you enough. Next month down at my place?

(oh, and nothing critical on the thumb drive, just bring it with you when you come down)

Great to meet you guys! Glad you made it home safe, SY! Hopefully that 4:30AM post had nothing to do with the drive back :) Doug, you alive out there somewhere?

Here's a link to those recordings I talked about:
Tiny Desk Concerts : NPR
Alas, they do seem to be 128kbps MP3 as downloads, but if you get past that, they're very nice. Not sure if streaming them "in HD" is an improvement.

Thanks to all, you are the ones that made everything enjoyable. Doug, the supertweeters we talked about are Fostex FT17h. Madisound carries them at around $50 each. Tim, the homebrew was great. Mine were never as clean and good tasting as yours. Stuart, the RLD was very good, I'm looking forward to the new amp. I'll bring the drive next time. Could one of you send the link to the XP virtual software so I cam migrate to it. Thanks.

That was so much fun, we're gonna do it again! This time, at my place, about 50 minutes south of Milwaukee, and an hour north of Chicago. April 12, 2pm. Email me for address/directions. Any diyAudio member in the Milwaukee-Chicago axis is welcome.

Warning: there will be beer and wine, as well as ungentlemanly behavior.

I'm in. Working on some 4D32 SE amps that may be done by then. We had a great time last month and I'm sure it will be better this time now that we know each other a bit more. Anyone that knows Elect Techs should know that anything may and could happen. We're just a different breed I guess.

Invite is still open to all you folks in Milwaukee and Chicago areas. 2 pm, my place up near Grayslake. E-mail me (I have that enabled in the forum function) for address/directions.

Bring whatever equipment you like, or music (I have vinyl, CD, and "regular" digital capability). Or just come up to drink and chat.

Invite is still open to all you folks in Milwaukee and Chicago areas. 2 pm, my place up near Grayslake. E-mail me (I have that enabled in the forum function) for address/directions.

Bring whatever equipment you like, or music (I have vinyl, CD, and "regular" digital capability). Or just come up to drink and chat.

Forgot to repost the date- this Saturday, 4/12.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.