The Burning Amp 2012-Schedules & Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Last edited:
Holy Cow indeed! Any speaker 6 feet tall and appearing to weigh over 200 lbs get in! I'll assign you a space . Look at post 2 on this thread..
The DeForest room is small , is that the best place for these? Every room can have 2 systems on each end, so I could put you in another room..
What's best?

Mark, I think DeForest room the size just like my home, estimate sound may better for my 8 inch drive and 1.95W tube amp:)

Hey Mark,

If you still need a microphone and mic preamp I can bring a Shure SM58 and a Beringer (sp?) cheapo mic pre that puts out line level.

If you still need volunteers - like for instance a monitor for the Tesla room - I would be happy to serve. The only issue would be arrival time. I doubt that np and I would be there before 9:30 or 10:00.

Graeme

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
OK. Consider it more (unofficial) good will from an ex-NHT engineer. Unfortunately, my truck is out of commision, but I should be able to stuff a decent load into my car. What time should I arrive, where should I park, and can someone help unload?

R

The official start is 10AM. The Give-A-Way is in the afternoon, like 3:00 or later. so show up anytime before that. Lunch is around noon. The presentations start at 1:00

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
To all Volunteers: The people who show up by 8:30 AM will probably be volunteers and get the mega-cool red T-shirts. Remember though, it's not all fun, in the beginning it's a lot like Work! as we load in sound blankets, equipment and arrange tables.

Then you will be supervising a room and making sure components are being swapped out. Make sure you have the personality to do this. Alternatively you may become a "firefighter" and help me solve the myriad of problems that pop up.

Volunteer

I plan on arriving at 8:30am and helping around the loading dock till 10, like I did last year. Maybe I'll meet the same german gentleman in the VW van or that couple in the white pickup truck with the many amplifiers.

Able and willing to help with other things, but obviously clueless about diyaudio VIPs.

Hey Mark,

If you still need a microphone and mic preamp I can bring a Shure SM58 and a Beringer (sp?) cheapo mic pre that puts out line level.

If you still need volunteers - like for instance a monitor for the Tesla room - I would be happy to serve. The only issue would be arrival time. I doubt that np and I would be there before 9:30 or 10:00.

Graeme

I can also bring my foldable line arrays, Behringer class D amp, and mixer to use as PA for presentations.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Wavebourn, That would be awesome! And a system means that the parts will all work together. Just find me for help and/or bring it into the "Big Room"

Looking forward to seeing you,
Mark

P.S. GL, still bring your stuff please as backup.

I can also bring my foldable line arrays, Behringer class D amp, and mixer to use as PA for presentations.

change of what I am bringing: I don't think I'm going to schlep the active crossover stuff (l18 spkrs, 4ch chip amp). but I think I'll have a split between headphones and amp of some sort, and room for small non-active spkrs and an amp.

if there are spkrs that need table space, that would be a good mix and I can leave my spkrs home. I have a pair of tannoy pbm-8's that are good enough to demo close-up, but again, if there are spkrs looking for a table to sit on, I'd just assume leave the tannoys at home.

Wavebourn, That would be awesome! And a system means that the parts will all work together. Just find me for help and/or bring it into the "Big Room"

Looking forward to seeing you,
Mark

P.S. GL, still bring your stuff please as backup.

Ok Mark; I will take small Behringer mixer instead of my 16 channel TOA -- I sold Armada, now have limited space in Rogue.

I can bring also couple of large diaphragm condensers, we can make flat frequency response so people can speak on 1-2 meter distance from them, without any feedback from speakers. Hands will be free to waive. :)

Notes from the road... miles are flowing...

Mentioned it on the other thread, I'm coming up tonight, are there any other
early arrivers planning on a dinner get together?

Tho, due to a late start, I'm getting into town about 8:30 at this point...

Let me know here, or at jonpike54 a t g m a i l d o t c o m. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.