The Burning Amp 2012-Schedules & Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to volunteer at end of event.

I'm bringing literature about my ghetto tech mentoring program (funded by Burning Man and Hitachi (so far).

Bringing an unfinished bicycle boombox built by a 10-year-old in the hood, and seeking boombox design feedback from all.

Bvhpradio.org/boom

Thanks for this exciting event!

Last edited:
If there's a need, I can bring my F5, DCB1, and if necessary, my macbook and XDA DAC. In looking at the first page, it looks like there are still some gaps. I just finished another pair of speakers as well. Nothing special per se. Bookshelf two-ways with a 5" revelator and D6600 tweeter. I'd love to bring my Sunflowers (for sale) but I don't think they'll fit in my car!

(I won't be there until after noon if that makes a difference.)

It's 10PM, and I'm knocking off for the night. What's working is working, and so on...
Will bring:

L'Fake plus L'Fake Lite (2 amps in one)

SiC Puppy Amplifier

Mighty Mite mini-amp with SMPS, 'cause it sounded so nice with my Planet 10 Classic Golden Ratio Mar Ken 12s - I'll be looking for some sensitive speakers to kick around...

The Planet 10 speakers

Nice preamp with gain - I made some changes to the phono preamp and managed to mess it up, so it will be a silent partner in the box.

Nice California Audio Labs CD player

That's enough stuff - I busted a gut just staging it in the living room...

See you guys tomorrow...

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Sorry I didn't get back to you, We can give you a few minutes to address the crowd. Grab me during hte presentations.

Happy to volunteer at end of event.

I'm bringing literature about my ghetto tech mentoring program (funded by Burning Man and Hitachi (so far).

Bringing an unfinished bicycle boombox built by a 10-year-old in the hood, and seeking boombox design feedback from all.

Bvhpradio.org/boom

Thanks for this exciting event!

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The Macbook might be useful for the presenters

If there's a need, I can bring my F5, DCB1, and if necessary, my macbook and XDA DAC. In looking at the first page, it looks like there are still some gaps. I just finished another pair of speakers as well. Nothing special per se. Bookshelf two-ways with a 5" revelator and D6600 tweeter. I'd love to bring my Sunflowers (for sale) but I don't think they'll fit in my car!

(I won't be there until after noon if that makes a difference.)

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Wrenchone, you're the best.

It's 10PM, and I'm knocking off for the night. What's working is working, and so on...
Will bring:

L'Fake plus L'Fake Lite (2 amps in one)

SiC Puppy Amplifier

Mighty Mite mini-amp with SMPS, 'cause it sounded so nice with my Planet 10 Classic Golden Ratio Mar Ken 12s - I'll be looking for some sensitive speakers to kick around...

The Planet 10 speakers

Nice preamp with gain - I made some changes to the phono preamp and managed to mess it up, so it will be a silent partner in the box.

Nice California Audio Labs CD player

That's enough stuff - I busted a gut just staging it in the living room...

See you guys tomorrow...

New Z.L. dipoles

Attachments

• IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1010.jpg
    821.2 KB · Views: 315
We had some fun! :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

In case you didn't notice, this thread hasn't had a post for the last 2 or 3 years... it's 2015 now.

Given the fact that the main Burning Amp thread has not seen any responses about this year's event it is looking more and more likely that there won't be one. Or at least don't plan on it. The venue may be NLA, and there aren't equivalent ones around the Bay Area that are affordable or suitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.