Greater Toronto Area DIY meetup

^ Neat. Lets see the CNC gear.

CNC router (also used for rough PCBs (like power supplies) milling), CNC metal benchtop mill, touch probe, micro lathe, drill press, planer, etc... Two tooling chests are not shown.

Attachments

• IMG_2094.JPG
    IMG_2094.JPG
    797.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2095.JPG
    IMG_2095.JPG
    630.8 KB · Views: 103
I think I have a good way to do single-blind A/B (or even A/B/C) comparisons using my spare all-singing all-dancing Behringer DCX2496 DSP.

The DCX can direct any of 3 inputs into any of 6 outputs, all RCA or Cannon plugs, after reading the manual and then at the press of a few buttons. But one of the inputs can also be SPDIF Coax. The DCX can adjust levels, do filters of many sorts, and EQs.

Since it is widely known which builders are cowards when it comes to testing in front of anybody but their dog, if then, I'll be glad to demo the great DCX for those poor souls who haven't gone to DSP yet.

I think we can do some blind testing or at least have fun with the DCX. If you don't have a dog or are brave enough to offer your device to comparison testing (or even if you just own a length of oxygen-free copper wire), post your intentions here.

But if it is raining and I can't ride my motorcycle to Dave's always great hospitality....

Ben

Joined 2005
Paid Member
There will be
Coffee
donuts
Beer
BBQ chicken
Italian sausages
Maybe potatoe salad
Apple and blueberry pie

If you want to bring anything else OK too

Yes there is wifi

OPPO player (USB drive input)
Single end jfet preamp
100/w channel FET power amp. - there usually are a number of different amps
24/96 dac SPDIF and BNC input
Silly, overly large 4 ohm speakers

Various cables and adapters, AC power bar,
If you bring speakers you need you own speaker cables as the shop speakers use Speakon connectors and special cables. Mostly classic rock and blues a lot of Hi def 24/96 and 24/192 files.. Any other musical tastes you need to bring your own, no accordion music please

I was trying to finish Bob Cordell’s new lateral FET power amp for Hafler rebuilds
but am too busy with work this week to test it yet in the Perreaux chassis I have (might be about 450 w channel 8 ohms ) its about 90% done, will have it for the fall meet.

Last edited: