Greater Toronto Area DIY meetup

21st is a date. As I said earlier, I am happy to supply office again. Also happy to rotate to another location. If Amcan is keen on hosting, it has the advantage of having speakers already on location.
Let me know. I plan to attend either way.
Great if Merlin and Jamco brought lightspeed and TVC attenuators for a direct comparison. It would be very interesting to compare vs tube preamp. I am debating building a grounded grid preamp and actually using lightspeed inside the GG. It is time for me to commit to a long term linestage.

Ya I am keen to host. I have guys from CAM over pretty often so its no hassle for me. I'll probably invite a few guys that some of you already know from other circles.

I don't want to post my address here - I am sure you guys must have an email list generated by now. If someone can give me a PM we can put my email address on the list and then go from there. The time will be from 12 noon to 5pm.

If there's interest I could bring my "prototype" #26 preamp.

People can bring stuff for sure. We can either come up with a plan ahead of time to have a shoot out on one type of gear or come up with a platform ahead of time to maximize time. 5hrs will go before you know it just from switching out gear all the time. This is my equipment list below.

Braun L-910 Studio Monitors (recapped) -main system
PSB Imagine Ts - secondary spkrs
PSB Imagine Bs - secondary spkrs

Harman Kardon Citation 19 Power amp - rebuilt -main system

Audible Illusions L1 Line Stage - Mundorf Black Cathode Power Supply - Main
HK Citation 17 Preamp - fully recapped, rebuilt power supply, output board

Peter Daniels USB DAC - Main System
Grant Fidelity Tube DAC-09

Denon DP-2000 in Custom Plinth, FR-14 Tonearm, SAE 1000e - Main System

Sonic Frontiers Signature 1 Phono w/ Platinum Upgrades - Main System

I am most interested in hearing a SET Amp to drive my Brauns. I can't find the sensitivity on these spkrs but based on the ADS version they may be around 93dB. They are easier to drive than the Imagine Ts, which are 89dB.

I would also be interested in hearing a passive preamp.

I will supply beverages.

Ya I am keen to host. I have guys from CAM over pretty often so its no hassle for me. I'll probably invite a few guys that some of you already know from other circles.

I don't want to post my address here - I am sure you guys must have an email list generated by now. If someone can give me a PM we can put my email address on the list and then go from there. The time will be from 12 noon to 5pm.

I think that would be great. The office was fine, but meeting at your place sounds better. thanks for this offer

I would like to attend and can bring my set amp again which was at wlowes last meet, with 6l6, KT88 and KT120 tubes to drive your Braun or other speakers.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I want to see if I made the right decision to build an F5 Turbo over an SET amp. I'll ask my friend to bring his F5V1. Someone still needs to PM me the email list, or to whom should I give me email address to?

Thanks, I appreciate it. I want to see if I made the right decision to build an F5 Turbo over an SET amp. I'll ask my friend to bring his F5V1. Someone still needs to PM me the email list, or to whom should I give me email address to?

Amcan,

I help to organise the last get together, I can do that again. I'll collect all the names that express interest to come and contact them. If you do not mind PM me the address of the venue, I can be the middle man. Or if you prefer poeple to contact you directly, that's OK too. Looking forward to meet you!!

Regards,

Lo-Tse

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am helping Amcan to organise this upcoming meet. So, here are the "official" notice:

Date: Sunday, April 21st
Time: 12 noon to 5 pm
Venue: Amcan's place

So far, I have the following names that have expressed interest:
Wlowes, Jaimo, Ikoflexer, Merlingoer, Jpechloe, DUG and Lo-Tse. Did I miss anyone?

Anyone else that would like to come to the meet, please post.
Also, I would like to request those planning to come to post what gears (if any) they are bringing so we can have an idea. Don't get me wrong, you do not have to bring anything to participate.

A week before the meet, I will PM those that are coming the address of the venue.

Looking forward to meet everyone!

Regards,

ok, I'll bring 4 sure;

- lightspeed attenuator

optionally;

- b1 buffer (if you'd like)
- ak4396 dac (not working :( - if someone wants to attempt to figure it out)
- the wire headphone amp (not working - i think it's a grounding / connectivity problem)

finally;
anything listed on my webpage that anyone would like to negotiate a deal / swap for -- click on my signature

oh, forgot to mention a few pcboard - srpp , unbalancer & wolfson dac.

Last edited:
Linestage/preamp tasting

I must admit I'd be very interested in a controlled comparison of the various linestage's being contemplated. I suspect the Braun speakers are very revealing. By changing out the TVC/lightspeed/B1/and prototype #26 we would get a unique opportunity to see some of the best linestage/preamps in action.

Also very cool to see the famous F5 vs SET. Sounds like an exciting day.
Walter