Greater Toronto Area DIY meetup

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Wow! I am at a loss about what to do here. Its not my intention to want to turn anyone away but my listening room is only 12 x 15 - maybe a bit smaller. I do have the second room that we can break up into groups but I assume everyone wants to hear the preamp shoot out and there won't be room for everyone as it is already. With regret I am going to have to cut it off to the original list of people. If you weren't part of Lo_TSE original email group I am sorry but it will have to be next time. I wish I had a bigger house. This bums me out.

No Problem Amcan,

Sounds like you will have a busy day!

My Place is an option for a future day if people want to take a bit of drive.
Most of my house is dedicated to Audio with 3 rooms for set-ups and main listening room has minimum sound transfer to the others..

Happy Listening, Joel

Hello Lo_TSE:

Would love to attend your next audio meeting. Have just built a couple of 6V6 p-p tube amp projects. Very happy with results of most recent build (Actually Poindexter's "musical machine") and would be keen to meet fellow DIY audio enthusiasts in the GTA area. ( I am in niagara. )

Have been working as a college professor in TV production for the past 22 years, but started in electronics and it's been a pleasure to get back into actually building things...

Do please let me know if it might be possible to find out about your next meet. This weekend looks too tight based on the posts I'm reading here. (I'm also in heavy exam marking mode... )

No problem if this is not possible, but great if it is.

Take care,

Bill Boehlen.
Welland, ON.

Hi AmCan,
Very good of you to do this: let's vote, funds to feed us without AmCan costing him a cent, pizza and pop on anyone who comes to this event. A few bucks per person sounds good to me.
Peter C.

I have some food and beverages already but not a ton. Steve from Audio Sensibility is bringing a case of beer. I have 6 liters of pop and chips and other munchies plus I was going to make a sandwich plate with chicken and egg salad. There will probably be enough food - already bought it. Drinks on the other hand you never can tell. If you want to bring some drinks that would be good and if we run out of food we can order pizza.

Preamp Shoot

You know the only thing that is complicating this is the preamp shoot out. Why don't we just cancel that part of it then we can utilize both of my rooms from the start and everyone can fit. I'd rather do it that way. We can set up the room the way we want and just move in and out from room to room and mingle.

What do you guys think?

You know the only thing that is complicating this is the preamp shoot out. Why don't we just cancel that part of it then we can utilize both of my rooms from the start and everyone can fit. I'd rather do it that way. We can set up the room the way we want and just move in and out from room to room and mingle.

What do you guys think?

AmCan,

Sounds good. That would be easier to manage. Like going to TAVES, bring your music (and gears too in this case), drop it into the system in the room and listen. Hey we can still do come comparison of gears.

Rgarding lunch, pizza sounds good (I am open to other suggestions too) and simple. We can get organised when we get to you place - collect a few bucks from everyone and we are good to go. I think we should cover AmCan's share.

Other munchies, everyone can just grab a little something from home - chips, pops, whatever. My past experience was that no need for too much munchies, there were always plenty left over and got thrown out at the end.

See you guys tomorrow!

Regards,

Hello Lo_TSE:

Would love to attend your next audio meeting. Have just built a couple of 6V6 p-p tube amp projects. Very happy with results of most recent build (Actually Poindexter's "musical machine") and would be keen to meet fellow DIY audio enthusiasts in the GTA area. ( I am in niagara. )

Have been working as a college professor in TV production for the past 22 years, but started in electronics and it's been a pleasure to get back into actually building things...

Do please let me know if it might be possible to find out about your next meet. This weekend looks too tight based on the posts I'm reading here. (I'm also in heavy exam marking mode... )

No problem if this is not possible, but great if it is.

Take care,

Bill Boehlen.
Welland, ON.

Hi, Bill

Welcome to the forum. Please watch this thread from time to time. Any notice on future meetings will be posted in advance here. This event is not a regular thing, yet. The last one was back in April (wlowes hosted it) and the one before the last was more than 2 years ago!! However, juding from the current responses, I think we have more than enough interest from DIYers in the area. Hopefully we shall have enough support to make it a "regular" event.

Regards,

Yes, thanks to the host and all of you who brought your gear. It was a great meet!

Oh yeah, and my 26 preamp worked perfectly when I got home and plugged it in! I'm totally puzzled why one channel didn't work there. :/

Echo a warm thanks to AmCan. A gracious host and super meet. We have so many talented DIYer's here in Toronto. F5, HarmonKarden, KT88 SE, and 300B side by side. What a great lineup!

Great to see & hear Audio Sensibility gear. A real work of art. Thanks again for all who shared their creations.

Look forward to sampling the 26 at a future event. Must have been an interconnect.
Thanks AmCan!