7th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2010

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any diy addicts, anyone wants to hang out with diy addicts, anyone who wants to see what diy addicts look like or anyone just interested in a day (or more) of music & fun is welcome :)

dave

Hmmm..........

As a practicing Phrenologist, perhaps I may be permitted to take precise measurements of the heads of your attendees, in order to gather data and advance the art of this very important branch of Science. The results of this study may aid parents to identify the phenotypic characteristics of latent Audiophilism in their children and allow them to take the drastic measures necessary to counter this dreaded genetic mutation.

I remain your most humble servant,

Dr. Darwin A. Ward

Director of Phantasmic Phenomena
The Dr. Moreau Institute and Research Center

Dr Ward - thank goodness the mutations you describe, and to which I'm on the wrong end of the lottery, are known to skip a generation or two - otherwise my kids would be doomed

As I've not been able to reach your receptionist, can I reserve an appointment for say, after dinner on Friday eve? In order to make appropriate plans, including sheltering of financial assets, my dear and very patient wife of 37yrs deserves an assessment of deterioration to be anticipated during the next decade.

Well, I hope you boys and girls are having a good time already. My stuffs by the door ready for an early morning departure. 7am ferry takes about 2 hours plus a half hour drive at the other end, puts me at your place before 10.

Can't wait to see y'all there. Especially Todd. I think you'll find I'm friendlier in person than as a moderator.

Cheers everyone, see you in the morning.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Listening to MJK-style passive baffles, Terry Olson's Million Dollar Speaker, and Dave the Norwiegian's series XO 3-way.

A baker's dozen for Friday night BBQ. Gregg the Geek, Bud arrived, Terry & Dave, Bob (CSS), locals (Chris, Daniel, Barry, Jeff, Eric, Flemming, Dana ...)

Thanx to all those who helped on finial cleanup.

Oh and i antipated Terry's need for a workspace to assemble one of his speakers :D

dave

I'm missing it!

Sorry I'm not there, boys and girls :wave2: but, you see, I just couldn't turn down an invitation to Bonniville Speed Week this year.

I was assistant electrical tech on a 2200hp 'B' Gas Lakester! Turned out to be a bit of a non-starter for our team - the Lenco transmission was fused into high gear and we couldn't push the car fast enough to come up on the power curve in that ratio (about 200mph). Oh well, that's racing :h_ache:

I did, however, witness an 'A' Fuel Streamliner turn in a run at 427.103mph :eek:, so the trip was well worth it.

Hope you all are having a wonderfull time.

Jess

PS: Terry - behave yourself! :goodbad:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.