7th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2010

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
What is cropped here is I'm making this expression to Cal..... who told me he's dry as a Sahara summer this year :eek:

That streak broken Sat.

dave

Attachments

• cal-geek.jpg
    cal-geek.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 289
I was thinking they were just gonna sit on a table and be poked at but there was some time to kill before Bacardi man showed up so we had a go at 'er. I learned a lot. Just 'cause you have the prettiest baby doesn't mean you should show her off in public.

Dave, thanks for finding the shot of Brenda. She was a saving grace in a great big puddle of testosterone. Too bad no Ruth shots but I'm sure you have plenty from before you could share.

Dave Are you entering your 3 ways in the upcoming speaker fest?
Best, Don

Yes, our club contest is coming up this Saturday on Mercer Island. I spent late nights the two weeks prior to Vancouver Fest getting them ready, so it feels a little strange not having "last minute" things to work on this week. I have new enclosures to mount them in, but that will come later when I can take my time -- don't want to rush that. ;)

Dave Are you entering your 3 ways in the upcoming speaker fest?
They're gonna surprise some folks, if so!
Best, Don

I think Dave has a darn good shot at it this year, but we do have some pretty decent speaker builders in the NW, so he may be facing some fairly stiff competition. We'll know for sure by Saturday evening.
:D

Best Regards,
TerryO

Last edited:
Speaking of stiff competition, I've heard about this curvy array thingy that may be somewhat of a darkhorse. :D

You're right, we'll see where the final tallies come down Saturday night.

Darkhorse? I'd like to think I've got a chance, but I probably don't have enough money invested in fancy wire and caps to have any real chance.

I have used my diy secret weapon though................BONDO!:D

Best Regards,
Terry

Darkhorse? I'd like to think I've got a chance, but I probably don't have enough money invested in fancy wire and caps to have any real chance.

I have used my diy secret weapon though................BONDO!:D

Best Regards,
Terry

gee Terry, the "secret" has been out for a few years now, but you're still the master - I mean who'd ever have thunk of not sanding it off? - that's just genius mate.

good luck to all at your upcoming little get together

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.