7th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2010

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
micro & milliFonken, some Alpair5 midtweeter TLs, Stew's tonearms...

Attachments

• uFonken.jpg
    uFonken.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 272
  • mFonken.jpg
    mFonken.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 261
  • A5-TL-comp.jpg
    A5-TL-comp.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,333
  • tonearms.jpg
    tonearms.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 268

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Yes the 604's were a disappointment. Now I understand why the stock XO comes with both a high and mid attenuator, They were not the highlight of the event, quite the opposite. I might have to get GPA to have a look. Something about the AM radio sound was far too prevalent.

Hey Cal, I thought they had plenty of [unfulfilled] potential. OB with an active [textbook] crossover is probably not what's in the cards for them.

The little serial-crossover 3-ways were very impressive.

..Todd

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Lots of measles in attendance... some of the more colorful cases...unfortunately the grey wents met with too much DC (only casualties that i know of)

Attachments

• deadFE126eN.jpg
    deadFE126eN.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 4,191
  • FE126eN.jpg
    FE126eN.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 335
  • FE126eN2.jpg
    FE126eN2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 4,143
  • FF85KeN.jpg
    FF85KeN.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 4,876
  • FF85KeN-black.jpg
    FF85KeN-black.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 4,139
He appears to have escaped from a Halfway House for the Criminally Insane, although on second thought, he really doesn't look out of place in that crowd.
:eek:

Best Regards,
TerryO

respelling that as Criminally Inane would pretty much describe the general tone of conversations after mid afternoon at these events, regardless of the choice of "social lubricant" consumed/ingested, etc.,

The picture at the bottom of the page with the Blond Viking is somewhat misleading...That coffee mug he's holding is just over a U.S. Quart (approx. 1 Liter).

Extremely dangerous looking, in a "Beserker" kind of way!
I know I lived in constant fear while I was around him.

I still tremble at the thought of what might have happened if I had gotten him upset.

Best regards,
TerryO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.