Southern Ontario diyFEST

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The Burlington location has historically had the best food. I haven't been in years, but I'm looking forward to it!

So, come on people! Who thinks they might wander by for this? If nothing else, it's a great way to simply have some great food. There must be some more of us out there willing for a meet.

The Burlington location has historically had the best food. I haven't been in years, but I'm looking forward to it!

So, come on people! Who thinks they might wander by for this? If nothing else, it's a great way to simply have some great food. There must be some more of us out there willing for a meet.

So far I've gathered that this is on Nov 26th (27th?). I've class on the 26th, but the 27th should be good for me. I don't have projects finished that I could bring though :rolleyes:

Oh school, how you suck my time away from me so, so effortlessly...

I'm in for Nov 27!

I just moved to Hamilton last year. Maybe we could find a more "local" place instead of a chain? My wife used to live on the Danforth in TO and we're still trying to find good Greek but Sotiris isn't too bad.

If you're willing to come a bit further to Hamilton there's some good Lebanese, Mexican, Vietnamese, smoked chicken and rib place ...

I hope I'm not starting a restaurant flame war ... :bomb:

Cheers,
Jeff

Suitable venue for a proper DIY meet found!

Guy,

I can't make the Tucker's Market meet but found a venue that will work for a proper DIY meeting. It's a Naval Veterans Hall in Burlington and will cost about $200 for the entire hall or $100 for half the hall - we could easily get about 10 table top displays and a listening area set up in half the available space.

What good is a DIY meet without any gear?

Guy,

I can't make the Tucker's Market meet but found a venue that will work for a proper DIY meeting. It's a Naval Veterans Hall in Burlington and will cost about $200 for the entire hall or $100 for half the hall - we could easily get about 10 table top displays and a listening area set up in half the available space.

What good is a DIY meet without any gear?

That sounds good Jaimo except to modify your question a bit I'd ask. What good is a DIY audio meet without decent room acoustics? Might want to check out that hall first before any contracts are signed or money changes hands.

Now if this were to occur in a real hall setup like that with tables available why not also turn the thing into an audio gear swap meet? Plan the thing for a whole day with an early break to pack up and then off to Mother Truckers for supper. If lunch was taken mid day then there would be a security risk with the unatended gear so my suggestion takes care of that. Attendees could bring their own brown bag for personal lunch snack or whatever.

Man that's RIGHT by my apartment...

I like the idea of a swap meet a lot. I don't have much gear (that I'd want to show off at least), my 'showy' projects are both still in permanent money-related stasis. We're getting some good momentum and interest going here now. Great to see!

Navy Veterans Club

I may have mis-spoken when I referred to the Club as a "hall" - it is more like a restaurant with two sections - Acoustics while not great will be better than the average hotel room that many hi-fi shows use. (we held a private function at the Vets club over the weekend and the PA system sounded okay)

A swap meet and table top displays of our DIY projects along with an area to set up systems for auditioning will work out fine.

Given my trade show experience, I will be happy to help co-ordinate an event if there's sufficient interest.

There's:
Myself
anatech
JimT
mill23bay (and brother)
Top Shelf
454Casull??
driftwood??
jpechloe (I think tube and chipamps will be a major topic if you're concerned)
thefragger
AudioLapDance
and I believe rcavictim

Jaimo appears to be no for the 27th but yes for next time.

So if everyone comes that's twelve. Not bad!

Nov 27 Tuckers Marketplace Lunch

There's:
Myself
anatech
JimT
mill23bay (and brother)
Top Shelf
454Casull??
driftwood??
jpechloe (I think tube and chipamps will be a major topic if you're concerned)
thefragger
AudioLapDance
and I believe rcavictim

Jaimo appears to be no for the 27th but yes for next time.

So if everyone comes that's twelve. Not bad!

Make that 13... My business trip was just moved.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.