The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
STOP IT !!! You guys are killing me.

OK, show me.

Papa's and Jill's main course chickedy needs mucho flavor.
The green wire in the poodle in front of their plate are very fine strips of lemon leave (leaf), aka kaffir lime leaves (or daon djeruk purut as we Indonesia imposters say)
Likely flavored with lots of ground star anice, clove, pepper and my favorite, cinnamon. :lickface:

This is terrible !:mad:

However I cooked some lovely stirr-fried noodle tonight and had four ( yes ...FOUR ) stiff pegs of lovely RUM. Feeling real good !:eek:

Now for some more DIY repair (!) before hitting the sack ( at about 1.00 am I guess ....now it's Saturday night !)! No tube circuits tonight........too dangerous !:D
Cheers.

:Popworm:

Hey,
It's Saturday evening here and I just feel like commenting on some photos here: :D:D:D

1. Papa's pic with his tongue out: ZM, you will also do this, but next year!
2. Nadja: "He drives me crazy with those tubes!"
3. Eike: "At first, he started with small tubes, but they were getting bigger and bigger. Can you imagine, it was this big! But don't worry, as long as both of you are happy!"
4. Nelson to Siegfried: "Now let's go smoke something! You don't believe me? I have one in my pocket!"

Attachments

• BAF 2010 Founders diner_Nadja Solaja Sladjana Aca.jpg
    BAF 2010 Founders diner_Nadja Solaja Sladjana Aca.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 303
  • BAF 2010 Founders diner_Elena and Eike.jpg
    BAF 2010 Founders diner_Elena and Eike.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 302
  • BAF 2010 Founders diner_Linkwitz and Nelson.jpg
    BAF 2010 Founders diner_Linkwitz and Nelson.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 306
OK, for the food connoisseurs, here is the link for the restaurant

Ana Mandara Restaurant in San Francisco: Home Page

It is one of my most favorite places in San Francisco, but what made the last night special was the company we were in. It was one of the most memorable nights I had in a long time. Such a nice and fine group of people. It felt like we have known each others for many years, and in fact some of us met for the first time. The most pleasant fact for me was that we had our better, and certainly more beautiful parts with us, our spouses, and they made the evening. I will tell you, Jill, Elke, Elena, Sladjana and Nadja enjoy DIY even more than we do! :p:p:p

I will be working tonight to post pictures, I know many of you are very impatient :p But before I do that, let me sum in a few words, that in my mind this was maybe the most successful BAF we had so far. It was great turnaround, we had around 200 people all together, what is much higher than previous shows. The fact that we had several rooms and one extra big one for presentations was spot on. My thanks to Mark who was really pushing was this, great call Mark.

The presentations we had were outstanding and we are so fortunate to have in one day Pass, Kirkwood and Linkwitz. Such a wealth of knowledge and experience was today given to us. You could hear the fly in the room, that was filled almost to the last seat, that how much visitors enjoyed it.

On the top of that it was an open baffle day I have to say, in one room Nelson's OB projects and in another Linkwitz's latest version of Orions presented by Wood Artistry in gorgeous finish. Orion's sounded stunning. If you haven't had a chance to hear them before, this would be a revelations for you. The sound coming from the room was attracting people on the street, that how good it sounded.

There were so many great pieces. Turntables were big, several outstanding pieces were shown, and few tube preamps and amps. The first prize in my mind goes to 845 amps that looked and sounded exceptional.

That is it for now. I will write more and post pictures later, but in short, we had a blast, it was real celebration of likely minded people.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Last edited:
All the pictures I have are uplodaed @

Gallery - Burning Amp

Enjoy!

I encourage you all to post your files from yesterday's show at the same location. Please check instructions that Choky posted, but even without them it should be very easy to do it.

members can now post directly to BAF2010

there's no limit to the number of photos you can have.

R1Soft is generously sponsoring all the server hosting costs for burningamp.net, baby diya and other projects since 2008. It's thanks to them that we have a huge 24Gb of RAM and 8 CPU machine to serve pages at blazing speed.. You are welcome to visit R1's site at http://r1soft.com

Last edited:
Hi thank you for posting images, but something is wrong with your link - it has a double entry. So when I deleted the duplicate portion, I was able to load the page. Than it takes extremely long to load all the images...

As I mentioned earlier, you could post on BAF's gallery page. It is very convenient since you could load a bulk of images, when they are zipped in folder.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.