Charlize and high capacitance speaker cables

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I am thinking of making some cat5 cables of three runs of complete cables platted and because of the layout of my loungeroom/ diningroom/childs playroom/workroom/listening room and the fact that the space behind my open baffle b200's is a thoroghfare the shortest cable length I can get away with and have children and equipment safe is about 6.5 meters long. Now I know some solid state amps ocilate when presented with high capacitence loads but what is the story with the Charlize and high capacitance cables. thanks in advance for you help
cheers fergs

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Well I can't speak to the high capacitance cables or the Charlize - but:

I have placed as much as 2uF across the speaker terminals of several T-Amps. All it did was roll of the high end. And really killed the RF going out. But it didn't seem to bother the amp a bit.

That's easy enough for you to try. And I hope your cables don't have a capacitance of 2uF!

At the output of most Class D amps have a capacitor accross them as part of the output fllter that removes switching residue. Adding significant extra capacitance may alter the response of the filter, but as panomaniac alluded, this would have to be _significant_.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.