Class D Amp Photo Gallery

D

Deleted member 148505

JLesterP does this china power supply hold the promise 2k of power?

For home subwoofer audio use where continuous averate output will not exceed 30%, yes.

It can output 2KW power for 10 seconds.

I have tested the black 1000W smaller version and it can output 1KW for 1 minute. I don't want to push these since it is for a client.

More pics. I also have a tiny SMPS for my GB150D

Attachments

• SMPS1.JPG
    SMPS1.JPG
    482.6 KB · Views: 1,410
  • SMPS2.JPG
    SMPS2.JPG
    490.7 KB · Views: 1,411
Hi,

Just wanted to share some pictures of my last amp. It is not a DIY amp but made in the USA by Classdaudio. Will share soon my impressions in a new thread.

This a Gan Amplifier (Gallium Nitride) fully balanced with ajustable gain.

RMS Power Per Channel 8 Ohms 200 WRMS Continuous (400W Peak)
RMS Power Per Channel 4 Ohms 300 WRMS Continuous (500W Peak)
Power Supply 600W Bipolar LLC Resonant Converter

the heatsinks are unnecessary ... but are there to hide the discrete components underneath (discrete amp) :

600W LLC PSU, information shared bu the manufacturer... not me ) But I would say more 400W
Anyway : it sounds absolutely good and surprisingly powerful (200W / 8R)

Last edited:
@nonills & rrobot

Thanks! The linear power supply comes from audiophonics and delivers 40 watts at 12 V, more than enough for the application. Therefore i could add two power outlets: one with 5 V DC and the other one with 12 V DC. The 5 V are generated through a DC-converter which is delivering the 5 V trigger signal for the ICExtend as well.

DSP, DAC, Bluetooth, headphone amp, input selector and the additional measuring amp (TDA 7492) are driven by the external power supply.

And fortunately there's no hiss or nasty noise above the music signal, the IcePower amps are doing a real good job.

Here's another try to get somes pictures online.

dsc_0023egk7s.jpg

dsc_00441t2js1.jpg

dsc_0065wokb7.jpg

A year ago I heard on the forums the first discussions about GaN amplifiers.
Searching the net, I stumbled upon the Revogan 8020.
http://revogan.sinftech.com/en/order/http://revogan.sinftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Eng-RevoGaN-8020-Short-Description-1.pdfLuckily for me, Pavel, the author of this amplifier, was very receptive to my questions and very prompt in any action. With its help I received 4 modules of Revogan 8020. With great distrust (I could not believe that such a small module is able to output 500 Wat :)) I connected them to my system and let it heat up a 30 min. From the first sounds ... I think my jaw hangs down in amazement :) I received an exceptional and strong bass punch in the chest, beautiful voices, without any harshness, very very natural, and the most spectacular ... a lot of microdetails I hadn't heard before. And I forgot why I wanted to measure, adjust ... I just listened to music for about 3 hours. Simply, amazing how much pleasure I received listening to my favorite songs, no fatigue, no desire to shut down the system. Sincere congratulations to the author for this Revogan 8020 .
Now I know what I will use in my active 3-way Open Baffle system (I had completely different plans :)) I can't wait to use them!
And I forgot to say, compared to the NCore400 I have, the Revogan 8020 (after my ears) sounds much more natural (especially at high frequencies)

Attachments

• 20211116_173502_resized.jpg
    20211116_173502_resized.jpg
    523.5 KB · Views: 338
I was under the impression i have everything that I need but I don't. Waiting patiently for brass pcb standoffs, two neutrik xlr sockets, ring and spade shaped Terminal connectors and some late Christmas presents as well.

I am building two mono amps based on sylph-d400m tpa3255 boards connex smps600rs 230v 48v
All cables are almost done
Backplate need to be drilled for banana terminals and xlr socket
21122021_102127.UtanKaliki_LeicaHelenaR4_IPhone12ProMax_POCOX3.jpg

21122021_102133.UtanKaliki_LeicaHelenaR4_IPhone12ProMax_POCOX3.jpg

21122021_102144.UtanKaliki_LeicaHelenaR4_IPhone12ProMax_POCOX3.jpg