Class D Amp Photo Gallery

Hm, these small steps look like some crossover distortion arising at higher levels. First thing I would look after: Are there any opamps on this board? If so, I guess you will find same distortion at the opamp outputs that feed the tpa32xx inputs. In that case your opamps are fake5532, maybe LM358 and you have to swap them with real parts. You are definitely not the first one with exactly that problem.

It looks slightly extreme but such symmetrical disturbances may also be indicative of distortion introduced by excessive dead time.

I did have an LTSpice simulation that demonstrated the effect but archived it in a place that is lost. I might try to recreate it later.

It is something that becomes very apparent in low loop gain/low feedback situations.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
It looks slightly extreme but such symmetrical disturbances may also be indicative of distortion introduced by excessive dead time.

I did have an LTSpice simulation that demonstrated the effect but archived it in a place that is lost. I might try to recreate it later.

It is something that becomes very apparent in low loop gain/low feedback situations.
You are right, but dead-time of TPA32xx can not be manipulated even by the worst AliBaba sellers. But Op-Amps are swapped to save cost / optimize vendor gain.

Hello Everyone,

I built this amplifier Sure IRS 2092, model 2 * 250w. I used a Sure PSU too. This amp power woofers SB29 6ohms in FAST mode. The TB W5-2140 fullranges are powered with the 3rd-audio TPA3251. preamp DCB1 and PI3 + dac AK4490. I am very satisfied with the overall sound. I still have to add HP protection.

20190124_131453_HDR_zpsodb9lgtk.jpg

20190124_131528_HDR_zpsqxjtgnim.jpg

20190124_130834_HDR_zpst2qu7br9.jpg

Last edited:
6x40W TC2001/TP2050 amp

Hi there, just a very clean and unmodded build with TP2050 modules and Mean Well LRS-75 SMPS modules from aliexpress.

Cannot really listen to them right now because my speakers are currently disassembled for some cosmetics, but they are at least dead silent, no hiss, no humm. (And yes, I verified they are working :D)

More info here: https://t-5.eu/hp/Hardware/6-Channel 6x40W Class-D Amp/

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 1,271
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    551.4 KB · Views: 1,256
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    665.7 KB · Views: 631
Hi there, just a very clean and unmodded build with TP2050 modules and Mean Well LRS-75 SMPS modules from aliexpress.

Cannot really listen to them right now because my speakers are currently disassembled for some cosmetics, but they are at least dead silent, no hiss, no humm. (And yes, I verified they are working :D)

More info here: 6-Channel 6x40W Class-D Amp :: T5! DIY Audio Software & Hardware

please re check your earth connection on all smps..on the pics it is look like you do not keep always the earth terminal

chris

please re check your earth connection on all smps..on the pics it is look like you do not keep always the earth terminal

Thanks for the hint but it is actually one solid 1.5mm² copper wire connecting all v- and all earth terminals. the connections between v- and earth is unisolated bare copper wire and can thus hardly be seen on the crappy smartphone photos (taken with a pretty old oneplus one).

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I built this amplifier Sure IRS 2092, model 2 * 250w. I used a Sure PSU too. This amp power woofers SB29 6ohms in FAST mode. The TB W5-2140 fullranges are powered with the 3rd-audio TPA3251. preamp DCB1 and PI3 + dac AK4490. I am very satisfied with the overall sound. I still have to add HP protection.

20190124_131453_HDR_zpsodb9lgtk.jpg

20190124_131528_HDR_zpsqxjtgnim.jpg

20190124_130834_HDR_zpst2qu7br9.jpg

This is my dream project that I don’t know how to do:)

So, in the end they found together, TPA3255 2.1 100x100mm system in direct contact with the 1200W 4-phase LTC3784 boost-converter board, making it possible to go the distance with even only having 10V at the input to put out 600Wrms. As this asks for 1200W power into the amp and an realistic efficiency of 92% from the boost converter, this setup is asking for 130A at the 10V input. (Things get much easier when using a 36V supply) For the AFE module and bulk caps there is a mounting holder within half of the height to make good support for stability while driving with the bike. The whole thing measures 110x110x70mm, i'd call this a power-brick.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bike? The bike with the actual setup, TPA3255 + 3x12V SLA system...

Youtube: YouTube

A little guitar amp project that's been bouncing around in the back of my mind for years, but finally got around to doing something about it (starting) a couple months ago.

"Even" managed to shoehorn in 120W HP laptop power bricks (OEM'd by LiteOn) in there :rolleyes:

The cases for the prototypes are Takachi MB-12 (now discontinued, afaik), but if there's local demand, i've set my eye on some Hammond 1411TT's.

The little TPA3118 "daughterboards" have been de-gained down to 20dB (there's a good 4Vpp coming out of the preamps), are "SMD"-mounted to the mainboard.
Also, they have a glob of thermal paste in-between, and i left a soldermask-less area on the main board, to improve the thermal transfer.

CD for scale :D

Attachments

• IMG_9922.jpg
    IMG_9922.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    967.5 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Want best quality sound 🔊 board

Please anyone suggest me the very good sound quality class D or class T amplifier board for play TV 📺 sound.
I am making my small amplifier for 🏡 home. 15x2W to 75x2w will be enough for me.
Also suggestt me the good plan for making the same kit.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe i'm biased, but i'm really liking these small Sanwu-clone TPA3118 PBTL boards :) They can be found for as low as under $2 on AliExpress :eek:

Is there anything half-decent out there that gets you more power per dollar out there? I'd be quite surprised... :rolleyes:

Throw in a half-reasonable 65-90w laptop charger (used - that way you can get a quality one, OEM'd by Delta, LiteOn or maybe Hipro or FSP - the "big boys" in the field) and you can start annoying your neighbours for under $10-15 :D

Please anyone suggest me the very good sound quality class D or class T amplifier board for play TV 📺 sound.
I am making my small amplifier for 🏡 home. 15x2W to 75x2w will be enough for me.
Also suggestt me the good plan for making the same kit.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Maybe i'm biased, but i'm really liking these small Sanwu-clone TPA3118 PBTL boards :) They can be found for as low as under $2 on AliExpress :eek:

Is there anything half-decent out there that gets you more power per dollar out there? I'd be quite surprised... :rolleyes:

Throw in a half-reasonable 65-90w laptop charger (used - that way you can get a quality one, OEM'd by Delta, LiteOn or maybe Hipro or FSP - the "big boys" in the field) and you can start annoying your neighbours for under $10-15 :D

@Khron's Cave
Thanks for your valuable suggestions. Planning to buy one of them as soon as possible.