Class D Amp Photo Gallery

TPA3251D2 on a spring-damper-system. :p

533484d1456347159-tpa3251d2-img_8392_1.jpg

533486d1456347159-tpa3251d2-img_8389_1.jpg

Blew up my Topping TP22 the other day so I ordered a couple of PBTL boards (TPA3116 2*100W D2 Dual Channel Digital Audio Amplifier Board 12V-24V for Arduino | eBay) and popped one in on top of the old board.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

TPA3116 x 2 PBTL in a Topping TP22

Managed to keep the use of the on/off and input selector etc so it will fit into the old topping box without any mechanics being required, which was a bit of a result.

So I thought I'd post the picture up.

Last edited:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
It looks like the UcDs are just supported by standoffs in the corners and not attached by the heatsink which is just floating. Don't they get rather warm? I've always mounted my UcDs to the chassis or built some heatsinks to help dissipate the heat they generate. Without, they get rather toasty!

I heard so much good of those tiny no name class d amps from Alibaba Express, so I decided to give them a try.

I'm totally blown away with the excellent sound produced by this 16 dollar gadget!

There's a clean attack in the low registers, a very smooth treble and the midrange is very detailed and pleasing to the ear.

I know that amps can be very hard to distinguish from each other, but, to my ears anyway, this one certainly sticks it's nose out.

Attachments

• IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 1,943