Class D Amp Photo Gallery

D

Deleted member 148505

Stereo JLAudiophile-250D.

Next build, I'll use an ebay enclosure like in the second pic :)

Attachments

• 14578397965_2ae6a0c7a7_b.jpg
    14578397965_2ae6a0c7a7_b.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 2,310
  • ebay case.JPG
    ebay case.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 2,221
Interesting design! Is that safe having such a thin layer between the transformer coils and the outside world? It looks like you don't have mains earth connected?
The amp is sitting in a very safe place so no worries about that thin layer. Acctually it can withstand quite big force. I still need to connect mains ground, though I am not having any problems without it.

BR,
Ales

Hi,

just became aware of this thread, especially #892.

You may read Forum Rules, Notes 2 again
Excerpt:
While most projects on this site deal with electricity and construction which inherently involve some risk, particularly dangerous topics and procedures should include a warning in the thread that adequately explains these risks. Certain inherently dangerous topics are not allowed.
If you attempt to make something and it blows up, or turns expensive parts into charcoal, or just doesn't work the way you were hoping, that's between you and the person posting the project or idea.

And now, take a second look at this class-D-from-hell and think about safety regulations again :rolleyes:

jauu
Calvin

ps. the sound could well become a short dry ´Poof´.

Hi,

all of the above and maybe more ..
- RCA connectors insulated?
- metallic Poti shaft to knob?
- double insulation?

We all appreciate young enterprising man, building something on their own. ;)
And most deserve the praise in full rightness.
Unfortunately not every build complies with the most basic safety rules.
But there will always be at least one dumbo around aahing and oohing about audiophool parts and weirdo-devices-from-another-planet, but failing to recognize the gross disrespect of necessary (safety) basics.
Built-in ´planned obsolescence´ of the user is nothing I´d like to rave about. :rolleyes:

jauu
Calvin

Hi, everybody!
Thank you very much for your attention and posts (Especially [besonders] Dr.Mord).
I will fix indicated problems.
At this point I added the insulation SMPS to case top&botom and the wire chassis to electrical earth connected.

To Calvin:
1) RCA connectors are insulated to case. Is it right?
2) Poti shaft don't have electric contact to knob. Is it right?
3) "class-D-from-hell" don't have Double insulation. It have (resulting your recommendation) Class I protection.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
korzhuk