Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Class D Amp Photo Gallery
Class D Amp Photo Gallery
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th January 2019, 01:05 PM   #1361
MorbidFractal is offline MorbidFractal
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltwide View Post
Hm, these small steps look like some crossover distortion arising at higher levels. First thing I would look after: Are there any opamps on this board? If so, I guess you will find same distortion at the opamp outputs that feed the tpa32xx inputs. In that case your opamps are fake5532, maybe LM358 and you have to swap them with real parts. You are definitely not the first one with exactly that problem.

It looks slightly extreme but such symmetrical disturbances may also be indicative of distortion introduced by excessive dead time.

I did have an LTSpice simulation that demonstrated the effect but archived it in a place that is lost. I might try to recreate it later.

It is something that becomes very apparent in low loop gain/low feedback situations.
Old 8th January 2019, 02:29 PM   #1362
voltwide is online now voltwide  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidFractal View Post
It looks slightly extreme but such symmetrical disturbances may also be indicative of distortion introduced by excessive dead time.

I did have an LTSpice simulation that demonstrated the effect but archived it in a place that is lost. I might try to recreate it later.

It is something that becomes very apparent in low loop gain/low feedback situations.
You are right, but dead-time of TPA32xx can not be manipulated even by the worst AliBaba sellers. But Op-Amps are swapped to save cost / optimize vendor gain.
Old 25th January 2019, 03:38 PM   #1363
denbret is offline denbret  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hello Everyone,

I built this amplifier Sure IRS 2092, model 2 * 250w. I used a Sure PSU too. This amp power woofers SB29 6ohms in FAST mode. The TB W5-2140 fullranges are powered with the 3rd-audio TPA3251. preamp DCB1 and PI3 + dac AK4490. I am very satisfied with the overall sound. I still have to add HP protection.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by denbret; 25th January 2019 at 03:41 PM.
Old 25th January 2019, 04:10 PM   #1364
mboxler is offline mboxler  United States
diyAudio Member

So cool! I take it you were unable to use the Kenwood volume control, but is that the stock power transformer?

Mike
Old 25th January 2019, 04:46 PM   #1365
diyAudio Member

Thanks Mike,

actually I did not use the pot, the transformer comes from another much more powerful amplifier. It just goes under the hood.
Old 26th January 2019, 09:14 AM   #1366
Baldin is offline Baldin  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Baldin
Like it
Old 27th January 2019, 04:27 PM   #1367
Tfive is offline Tfive  Germany
diyAudio Member

Default 6x40W TC2001/TP2050 amp

Hi there, just a very clean and unmodded build with TP2050 modules and Mean Well LRS-75 SMPS modules from aliexpress.

Cannot really listen to them right now because my speakers are currently disassembled for some cosmetics, but they are at least dead silent, no hiss, no humm. (And yes, I verified they are working )

More info here: https://t-5.eu/hp/Hardware/6-Channel...Class-D%20Amp/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front.jpg (454.7 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg rear.jpg (551.4 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg inside.jpg (665.7 KB, 159 views)
Old 27th January 2019, 05:43 PM   #1368
chermann is offline chermann  Austria
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfive View Post
Hi there, just a very clean and unmodded build with TP2050 modules and Mean Well LRS-75 SMPS modules from aliexpress.

Cannot really listen to them right now because my speakers are currently disassembled for some cosmetics, but they are at least dead silent, no hiss, no humm. (And yes, I verified they are working )

More info here: 6-Channel 6x40W Class-D Amp :: T5! DIY Audio Software & Hardware

please re check your earth connection on all smps..on the pics it is look like you do not keep always the earth terminal

chris
Old 27th January 2019, 05:54 PM   #1369
Tfive is offline Tfive  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chermann View Post
please re check your earth connection on all smps..on the pics it is look like you do not keep always the earth terminal
Thanks for the hint but it is actually one solid 1.5mm˛ copper wire connecting all v- and all earth terminals. the connections between v- and earth is unisolated bare copper wire and can thus hardly be seen on the crappy smartphone photos (taken with a pretty old oneplus one).

Last edited by Tfive; 27th January 2019 at 05:59 PM.
Old 14th February 2019, 07:42 PM   #1370
diyAudio Member

Hello,

Here is a last picture, I added HP protection. I am very satisfied, the bass is excellent, deep and very well articulated.

Last edited by denbret; 14th February 2019 at 07:46 PM.

Class D Amp Photo GalleryHide this!Advertise here!