Class D Amp Photo Gallery

USB-DAC and TA2024 (arjen mkII) amp combo.

Regards Håkan

Attachments

• DSC_3096 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_3096 (Medium).JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 3,196
  • DSC_3100 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_3100 (Medium).JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 3,510
  • DSC_2969 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_2969 (Medium).JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 3,328
Had this board since this time last year, crammed into a tiny project box with no volume control for the most part, now transferring it into a more spacious box with potentiometer, VU & power meters, etc.

First time I've wired a potentiometer before, seem to have got it right! Got to an operational stage last night so hooked it up to give it a test, still got to add the VU meters & power meters (hence all the 3mm holes on the front for the LEDs) & maybe think about venting in the top/bottom to help cooling.

Power supply (big old 1986 linear job) is in a separate larger project box on the floor, I'll post pics of that too when everything's completed.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Apologies for triple-posting, but it doesn't look like you can edit posts.

Well, here's the amp with LED VU meters & power meters. The voltage regulator, that provides 12v for the VU meters from the 24v output of the amp, runs red hot so I've ordered a much larger heatsink for it. The VU meters are really just for show (everybody loves blinkenlights) & not for any useful recording purposes.

That is one nice setup Kickngas, very clean and well laid out! I had switch to a better Alps volume pot today to get the channels equal and move the signal cables away from the AC supply as it was bleeding into the sound. Having the new Alps pot with similar shaft as the selector, now the knobs match. My next one will look more like yours, very clean. The AC is now gone from the sound and the channels are equal.

The clipping red LED (right) works great.

BTW, the case comes from eBay seller wonderco_buy in Taipei, Taiwan. Excellent service and product.

Below, today's progress.

Attachments

• DSC00017.JPG
    DSC00017.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 282
  • DSC00010.JPG
    DSC00010.JPG
    595.1 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC00007.JPG
    DSC00007.JPG
    543.8 KB · Views: 264
  • DSC00009.JPG
    DSC00009.JPG
    565.4 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Another first-ever amp build, based on Arjen's MKIII board. My wiring is messy and can stand to be vastly improved, but I'm proud overall of my first attempt.

Thanks to everyone for their inspiration and expertise!

Attachments

• IMG_8380.jpg
    IMG_8380.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 712
  • IMG_8375.jpg
    IMG_8375.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 694
  • IMG_8376.jpg
    IMG_8376.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 904
Whoops, sorry! I forgot to mention.

The case is a Hammond 1455T I purchased at the local electronics store (Active electronics in Edmonton, though you should find them anywhere that carries Hammond Mfg. housings).

The holes were drilled using my friend's $90 Canadian Tire Mastercraft drill press, and I now know that $90 drill presses aren't the most precise machines on earth. Of course, my lack of machine expertise didn't help either, but a round file was all I needed to straighten out any crookedness.