Tripath T-AMP FAQ & WIKI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
errr...sorry....read the answer earlier in this thread

Isn't Tripath out of business? How come 41Hz, and ebay, and Lepai etc are selling amps based on their chip with Tripath logo and everything? are the chips still available?

YES they are gone. Cirrus is squatting on their IP to kill it. Ohters are supplying from left over chip inventory if i understand this thread. Sorry for impulsive posting. cheers.

I have question to choose one Tripath amplifier at Ebay.

I want a good amplifier with good sound for a cheap price (between 0-45$ :p). I saw some amplifiers like Lepai TA2020+, Indeed Tripath TA2020, S.M.S.L SA-36A TA2020, etc.

I have repaired two speakers with 3 way system (Woofer, mid and tweeter with 8 ohm impedance) with 50W RMS for each speaker.

Could yo help me to choose a good amplifier? I have a Kinter MA-180 but isn't good enough right now, it has 10W RMS for each channel, a poor output power.

Hi, I was wondering if I could damage the B&W DM601 speakers with this amp, and if I should be worried about clipping, the specs of the DM601s are:

Sensitivity: 90dB spl (2.83V 1m)
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms (minimum 4.3 ohms)
Power Handling: 25 - 120W into 8 ohms on unclipped program

I have question to choose one Tripath amplifier at Ebay.

I want a good amplifier with good sound for a cheap price (between 0-45$ :p). I saw some amplifiers like Lepai TA2020+, Indeed Tripath TA2020, S.M.S.L SA-36A TA2020, etc.

I have repaired two speakers with 3 way system (Woofer, mid and tweeter with 8 ohm impedance) with 50W RMS for each speaker.

Could yo help me to choose a good amplifier? I have a Kinter MA-180 but isn't good enough right now, it has 10W RMS for each channel, a poor output power.

For those 50rms speakers I would recomend the LM3886 amp.

Class T Amplifier Database & Form

Hello all. I've created a Google Form and spreadsheet for Class T amplifiers.

I'd value your feedback on improving the form and help populating the spreadsheet.

The spreadsheet currently lists amps listed in the old wiki FAQ that I found are still available. I'm new to this arena, so I'm sure there are glaring omissions.

The form is here: http://tinyurl.com/classtform

And the spreadsheet: http://tinyurl.com/classt

Thank you,

Combi

Hi,

I have build a small multi room audio system with a Linux box and five lepai amp for smaller rooms (restroom, kitchen,..).
To turn on a zone I only power up the amp with a relay on the power cord. This works great with two version 2 amps.
But the other three version 3 amps produce a loud turn-off pop… How to eliminate this? How does the speaker protection work?
For me it seems that the relays does not disconnect fast enough. Or do i have to fix / measure the dc offset on pin 10 & 13?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

virtue sensation modification.

Hello,
I just did buy a secondhand virtue sensation with a gary dodd tube buffer.
I am allready using one but i did want another one to use in my bigger set as a power amp with 12 db filter at its input to use it up to 600 hertz.
I will use a battery power supply.
One of the line level inputs will become the power amp input ( by turning the volume all the way up.
There is a switch inside between a full range and 80 hertz and up cap. Because i use a subwoofer i will; use the smaller cap.
Normally there are 3 sets of input which have a little coil just before the signal goes inside the circuit by means of a small connect, same for pre amp out and subwoofer out. Can i just diconnect the jumpers from the circuit board and leave them '' open" ?
Or do i have to collect all the cinch ins and ouits with a shortening plug and rerout them inside. I need some space on the back panel to mount the 12 db filter ( coil, cap and pot)
Also need to replace the power plug with a speak on and install a bigger switch too.
I did ask this on the audio circle site but no responses because there isnt much of a diy crowd.
Sincere greetings and many thanks in advance, Edward

Hi,
I think it's better to post this here. I' m building a guitar amp for my 10 years old nephiew and for simplicity I would like to use a tripath module for the power output section. The problem is that it is a stereo amp and AFAIK outputs cannot be bridged for mono operation. So, I have to use two speakers but the construction gets too big. Another option would be to load one channel with a power resistor and leave it unused. But I was reading that class D amps don't clip in the usuall way when overload - true? - and I thought to connect the output of one channel to the input of the other channel - channels in series - and see what it does. My question is if this could be done without the risk of an internal shortcircuit or a catastrophic oscillation.
Thanks for any advise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.