Tripath T-AMP FAQ & WIKI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
or know if its good?. I would like to build the amplifier based on the ta2022.
I know there is an evaluation board but couldn't get it. would also like to know if someone heard any review about it..

I tried making amps with this chip, around 8 years ago when it first appeared.

All I managed was to make a number of door-stops!

VERY much more difficult to work with than the TA2020-020, which is quite a simple and superb,easy to use chip

--The Pin-Out of the TA2022 is appalling, (I even complained to Tripath at the time...) making it a necessity to use dual-sided print for the power rails and O/P connections, which by their own requirements need to be short and stout--Impossible to place the chip at the edge of the board and maintain these connection requirements.

--'Orrible chip--I never ever succeeded in making one work even for a second, and as I recall, they were an expensive part, and I forget the number I let the magic smoke out of...!

--Currently, there's a guy selling the original Dev. kits for the 90W per ch. EB-2022-020 on fleagay. Just type Tripath and wade through them, I was thinking of getting one just to see one actually Work!:eek:......

I still have my E.B.-TA2020-020 dev. kit, and use it sometimes as a bench-amp for testing etc, Great little thing...:D

Have anyone tried running the TA2020/TA2024 chips in car, directly connected to the 14.2V car supply?
The supply voltage seems to be quite high, but low enough than 16v absolute maximum rating.

Actually, I've had an AMP32 running the front door speakers in my car for about 14 months now. No head unit, no rear sound, just the AMP32 on the front doors and an MP3 player. :eek:

I just haven't had the motivation to replace it with anything better. It plays plenty loud enough to satisfy me most of the time.

It will evertually get replaced by 4x hand made TPA3106D1 boards and a 24V SMPS.

Me too

Hi
I bought the same thing as dickl for 36$ including shipping to Sweden. Amasing! :D

I was in a hurry so before i found this amp on Ebay, readymade with nice enclosure, I ordered a building kit from another Swede, 41hz (41Hz Audio - News). That kit was barebone components and PCB, "sneak model", without some connectors. It was more money. then this chinese thing though. I then have to solder it as well.
Anyhow. The 41hz kits is descent prize. The chinese readymade amp is .... I don't know how it can be that cheap.
But I havent got it yet :) And I have built the 41hz kit and will sonn test them and compare.

I really love this little amp. I have been burning it in for a couple of weeks and it just sounds so sweet.

I have it hooked up to a couple of Klipsch speakers I had hanging around. The MP3 WMA player is from ALONG1986090 on eBay. Just copy your music to a memory card or USB thumbdrive or external drive and it will play them back. Makes a very compact bookshelf set up, and the audio is terrific. You need to be sure to have a 6 AMP 12VDC power supply. I found out 3.3 amps is not enough.

Attachments

• diyaudio_1.jpg
    diyaudio_1.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 2,007
  • diyaudio_2.jpg
    diyaudio_2.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,941
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.