SFX Class D subwoofer amplifier modification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
actually i want to use that amp in my car.i have a smps in the car giving output as + - V. I will be replacing TDA729x amps in the car bec they are big(mostly bec of heatsink).
so i want the amp to be able to hook up directly to the smps without unnecessarily straining it
moreover,isnt a dual supply version better than the single supply one?
can anyone suggest the requisite changes?

You could check this:

Its my contribution on making the TB a split supply version, but it may not work, the pwm works, thats tested in simulator, but the power part i dunno.

Attachments

• crap class d small.png
    crap class d small.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 904
I think there is a mistake in the original schematic, if u compare BCA. Either the audio or Triangle has to go into common inv or non-inv input of comparator, and the other signal has to go inverted into the other end.
You can easily convert this circuit into +- supply with level shifting plus you get an advantage of providing global feedback for good sound quality.
Best of luck,
ajazz

Power the Quad Opamp and the comparator with a dual supply like +-5V. Level shift the output of the comparator with a pnp tansistor like MPSA92 to the neg rail of +-HV with a 560ohms on the emitter to +5 and a 1Kohms on the collector to -HV. Feed the output from the collector to IR2113 or other mos drive. Take a voltage divider feedback from the output(after coil) and feed in the non-inv input of first opamp and Wow ! ! ur amp is ready.

If u want I shall draw the schematics by today evening & shall post it. But I would prefer u try it first and let us know.

best of luck
ajazz

You may be interested in a circuit i have spent the last days mocking up:

I am currently listening to it, the osc freq is 480KHz so its is pretty well suited for fullrange, it actually sound pretty good.

Attachments

• opamp_comp classd final.gif
    opamp_comp classd final.gif
    38.7 KB · Views: 543
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.