Litz wire and copper foil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
snip
I have a general question concerning litz wire: for experimentation purposes is it possible to take a piece of coaxial cable, and pull out the center conductor/insulator and use the resulting shield as litz wire?

Randy,
no...the small wires must be isolated, but You can use a bunch
of small SF wires
Regards
Heinz

Eva said:
Does anybody know a quick source for Litz wire and copper foil (for inductors) in Europe? I'm in sort of a hurry...

want a quick one?? if you got access to a clamp and an electric drill, then your IN..

>>cut identical magnet wires

>>clamp the ends using the clamp....

>> find a way to "hold" the other end of the magnet wires and put it in the electric drill

>> now "let it rip"

>> do it with low RPM only so you can adjust the "tightness" of the magnet wires...

thats it.. i hope you get my point...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

an image showing my home made litz... :) been using that in my SMPS.. to reduce "skin effecT" on magnet wires... used thin strands of it.....

hope this helps,

raff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.