Where to find a nice looking enclosure/chassis/case ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone know where to find good/professional looking enclosures (not for tube amp) like below? In the USA or Canada that is? The one below is over seas and I don't want to suffer the shipment delays and payment and customs hassles. Please, don't tell me Hammond. I've yet to see Hammond enclosure that does not look like a piece of test equipment. Thanks much in advance!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

bbaker6212 said:
Anyone know where to find good/professional looking enclosures (not for tube amp) like below? In the USA or Canada that is? The one below is over seas and I don't want to suffer the shipment delays and payment and customs hassles. Please, don't tell me Hammond. I've yet to see Hammond enclosure that does not look like a piece of test equipment. Thanks much in advance!

What's the make of that one Mr Baker?
Looks nice.

I've been trying to find out more about the chassis shown in this thread.

Here's the image I'm talking about:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I've also thought of using a variation of the 80/20 extruded aluminum material to build something similar, but would like to find something smaller than 1" square for the frame.

greggp,

That is a awesome looking case ..

The only case's I've found are pretty plain looking.

16w x 3h x 12"D table top case from par-metal and a 19" rack version

19w x 3h x 12"D

I'm going to check w/ a local machine shop to see if they can make a nice case ..

Regards,
Jose

The chassis pictured in the first post looks like the 737-U chassis from here:

http://www.atiresearch-anodized.com/products.html

I purchased five of those chassis for my UCD 400AD monoblocks.

Arthon from ATI is great to deal with. Responded to emails quickly. Price was very good. Air shipping to NJ, USA was only 5 days. Very well packaged. Good quality.

Arthon posted a pic of my finished amps in the DIY section of the website.

I don't know wether you have missed our post but we are a manufacturer of a new range of quality enclosures specifically aimed at the Hypex range of amplifiers.

We also ship to the US at competitive rates so do check out our cases at: http://www.alu-case.com or http://www.hexateq-av.com

Regards,

Richard Krol
Hexateq Audio Visual

Dr. Strangelove,

We need to update the datasheets on the enclosures hence they're not available at the moment. However all info should be on the site.

If there is anything you would like to know or receive a custom offer the please drop us a line at info at hexateq-av dot com

We'll try to have the datasheets available by the weekend.

Best regards,

Richard Krol
Hexateq Audio Visual

If you modify the enclosures from a first picture, they look even better ;)

patek.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.