Enclosures

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• case 1 small main.jpg
    case 1 small main.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 767
...Scared in case it didn’t work...but amazingly it worked first time.

Initial impressions? It started off a bit dull but came to life after 10 mins warm up, it's a very rich mature sounding amp, listening to strings is gorgeous...and that's with a crappy cd source! It’s a a T-amp with balls

This amp took a lot of prep because:
1. It came sans instructions
2. The English translation is pretty poor
3. The components were not coded, so I had to use a process of elimination.

Get one e80 &P&P

Attachments

• 2020 ikkle.jpg
    2020 ikkle.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 650
A slightly different experience to mine.
My amp arrived with instructions which i thought were quite good. Took me about three hours to build up the pcb, taking breaks to avoid eyestrain. Then it worked straight away.

I made the mistake of removing the pot in order to upgrade to an Alps blue. Things got messy and i should have just bypassed it. However this is a worthwhile upgrade.
Enjoy it.

I like your cases are they oak?

oak cases

Trebla,
re: The 2020 instructions. was it just a copy of their PDF file or did it have all the components marked out?

I got a head magnifier to do my assembly, I looked like an idiot but it's fantastic for detailed work like this!

yes the case bodies are solid oak recycled from kitchen units!

trebla, you say "I made the mistake of removing the pot in order to upgrade to an Alps blue"
is the alps blue physically bigger than the green alps stock pot?

the case for my 2020 will be like the others but with an ovoid fascia

Attachments

• closeups.jpg
    closeups.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 626
The instruction sheet I got was the same as the set that is available on their website. I found it clear enough. The capacitors have the values printed on the top and everything else seemed self explanatory.
The Alps blue is much bigger and not designed for pcb mounting. Therefore my pcb is no longer fixed to the front panel but now bolted to the base of the enclosure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.