Class D amp using TL494

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Half-Bridge Sigma-Delta UCD

Hello Ledmania,
Are you still around?
Just to let you know and make you glad: I have taken your half-bridge topology as suggested in your very first post (not really new to me and not new to the Japanese as you yourself witnessed - also not new to anyone designing power converters). I then took the IR reference design and combined the two into a Sigma-Delta UCD. The IR circuit is vastly simplified and improved.
Sincerely,
Stephen

hi folks!!! Im new here

I implement ledmania concepts for tl494 based pwm but I use the IR mosfet driver IR21844 that simplifies a lot the work. No overcurrent nor external deadtime has aditioned (the IR driver introduct programed deadtime).
I found problems when more volume is used. The sound is distorced at peaks. Any sogestion for correct this?? What possibles causes? Any associated to mosfet driver at longer duty cycles?
I work at aprox. 120Khz (tried lower too)
+-56V source, commom mode voltage at error amp of tl494 = 3,6V (the app report from texas pag.8 afirm that work which commom-mode voltage range from -03V to 2V less than Vi)

Attachments

• circuit.png
    circuit.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,392
I implement ledmania concepts for tl494 based pwm but I use the IR mosfet driver IR21844 that simplifies a lot the work. No overcurrent nor external deadtime has aditioned (the IR driver introduct programed deadtime).
I found problems when more volume is used. The sound is distorced at peaks. Any sogestion for correct this?? What possibles causes? Any associated to mosfet driver at longer duty cycles?
I work at aprox. 120Khz (tried lower too)
+-56V source, commom mode voltage at error amp of tl494 = 3,6V (the app report from texas pag.8 afirm that work which commom-mode voltage range from -03V to 2V less than Vi)

I don't know what is the reason for your distortion, but this schematic looks horrible (no junction points, hardly readable characters), and basically the feedback is designed not at all. OPA without feedback: bad idea. IR21844 has too much dead time. (400 ns is too much.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.