Class D amp using TL494

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tekko said:
I gonna make you eat that. Atm i run the thing with audio, without a IR2010 tho, fets directly connected to the 494 via the gate RD circuit. On idle it makes a beeping sound and with music lots of distortion as well as weird noises due to a crappy output filter. Yes its hot enuf to fry an egg.

Btw the TL494 i use is broken so it does not give PWM, just steady pulse train with othyer crap signals around it representing the audio signal.

Yo Tekko, I was surprised that even you put a head phone from the o/p of c7 you couldnt get any nice sound at all? wow! There is something wrong with your circuit really. This is exactly what I did before but with the nfb connected to pin 3 of coarse.
Your statement above is really funny co'z you are forcing my circuit to obey with your own likings and this is the reason why you couldnt get any good result.
I'm trying to analyse all your post here and I noticed that you are some kind of a unique hobbyist of a third kind. Maybe you have a "Attention Deficit to Schematic syndrom" which is nesesary to be corrected LOL!(joke only) chill out Tekko!!
You have to listen to EVA, breadboard is the best way in prototyping any kind of audio circuit....BTW, I cannot open your file..It says FORBIDEN!!!

Well, breadboard is a bit evil for switching or high current circuits but very handy for everything else (like building a simple test fixture to learn how to use some IC, or trying something to ensure that the "concept" works before making a PCB).

Ledmania. I am listening to music on the amp right now. Works fine and the sound is mot mutch different from other amps i have had as puter stereo, tho the thing did not like driving a subwoofer.

Eva, this is not a breadboard, its a protoboard ;)

A breadboard would have been so mutch easier, no soldering, just stick in wires and components until all PSRR and gate ringing is all gone.

Eva said:
Well, breadboard is a bit evil for switching or high current circuits but very handy for everything else (like building a simple test fixture to learn how to use some IC, or trying something to ensure that the "concept" works before making a PCB).

Good point!! That's why even I'm designing a front end receiver during the 80's, I still rely on it. but only from CB frequency:D

Tekko said:
Ledmania. I am listening to music on the amp right now. Works fine and the sound is mot mutch different from other amps i have had as puter stereo, tho the thing did not like driving a subwoofer.

Eva, this is not a breadboard, its a protoboard ;)

A breadboard would have been so mutch easier, no soldering, just stick in wires and components until all PSRR and gate ringing is all gone.

Yo Tekko! you are making me envy with you!! :D . I want to try that too!:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.