pabo's 0.0008% dist class D module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
classd4sure

How do you mean, real expensive monoblocks?

The module is very cheap to produce thanks to our production facilities and our single sided soldering build. At high volumes (>10k per year) the price will be about 25USD each for the 300S.

The module does not need additional cooling in order to produce music into clipping in four ohms. It will be delivered on a piece of aluminum sheet with thermal connection to the secondary side of the module. This enables the module to deliver full power for long periods of time.

Datasheets on the 150S module is coming soon.

Pabo said:
classd4sure

How do you mean, real expensive monoblocks?

The module is very cheap to produce thanks to our production facilities and our single sided soldering build. At high volumes (>10k per year) the price will be about 25USD each for the 300S.

The module does not need additional cooling in order to produce music into clipping in four ohms. It will be delivered on a piece of aluminum sheet with thermal connection to the secondary side of the module. This enables the module to deliver full power for long periods of time.

Datasheets on the 150S module is coming soon.

Well just that you need three seperate power supplies for each module, that's damned expensive isn't it? Seems like a must for a SMPS.

Regards,
Chris

I made the assumption that Vdd and Vcc are low current just for the op-amp etc, and thus could be derived from the higher rails by zener of simple emitter follower/7x series regs. Same goes for Vdr.

So you would only need one transformer with a normal pair of windings. Although if this could be done onboard like UcD and ZAPpulse it would make peoples life easier. At least I guess it gives you the choice how well you want to implement these rails.

0.0008% at 100Hz 30W hmm Per Anders, you had to look real close to find that point! Otherwise up to 0.03% :D

But all in all data in the same level as UcD or slightly better.

A part from that i think it looks pretty good! It seems Anaview is a new and small family venture in south of Sweden. I can only wish you guys the best of luck in the Audio Industry! ;)

Lars Clausen

richie00boy said:
I made the assumption that Vdd and Vcc are low current just for the op-amp etc, and thus could be derived from the higher rails by zener of simple emitter follower/7x series regs. Same goes for Vdr.

So you would only need one transformer with a normal pair of windings. Although if this could be done onboard like UcD and ZAPpulse it would make peoples life easier. At least I guess it gives you the choice how well you want to implement these rails.

Hmmm, one would sure hope so anyway huh? But at 35+ volts I didn't feel comfortable making that same assumption. Sounded like three power stages to me, if that's the case unless they sell the supply for it too, and most likely switch mode, I don't think many will be able to afford this amp. Not me anyway.

I hope it does well too though, best of luck Pabo, hope your effort pays off.

Chris

Lars Clausen

Thank you for your good lucks.

Classd4sure

A toroid transformer with five windings doesn´t cost more than a dollar more than one with two windings as long as the weight of copper isn´t much higher.

The reason why we didn´t implement the regulators onboard is that it would generate a couple of watts of losses. If the supply is derived with an SMPS or a transformer with multiple windings the losses will be much lower. Anaview will also sell transformers and supply boards suited for our applications but in most cases our customers will design their own supplies.

Bear in mind that we only sell these modules to companies and not to DIY-customers. The reason is that each customer require a certain amount of administrative time and support time so if those customers only buy two modules they will become very expensive.

"The topology used is based on a hysteresis modulated topology going through patent pending by Anaview AB. This topology shows very low distortion figures and because of its simplicity and robustness the finished products are very attractive both when it comes to functionality and cost."

hysteresis modulated topology, PAT.pending,??

Kenshin said:
"The topology used is based on a hysteresis modulated topology going through patent pending by Anaview AB. This topology shows very low distortion figures and because of its simplicity and robustness the finished products are very attractive both when it comes to functionality and cost."

hysteresis modulated topology, PAT.pending,??

Can't blame them for trying? Since it's with a stepped power supply the full topology is likely to be at least semi unique.

Nice looking product, congratulation!

However I am not very impressed by the specs….even the Zappulse show low THD at 100Hz. It not such a problem to achieve a low THD at very low frequency. But so must have a low THD at 10kHz!!

Of course we all know that there are the problems to get a low THD at high frequencies… ;)

To get the highest efficiency, it's smart to use different power supplies. However it's makes the product definatly more complex..

And I am curious to the patent, can you show us more? Or any paper yet?

Jan-Peter

Jan-Peter said:
Nice looking product, congratulation!

However I am not very impressed by the specs….even the Zappulse show low THD at 100Hz. It not such a problem to achieve a low THD at very low frequency. But so must have a low THD at 10kHz!!

Of course we all know that there are the problems to get a low THD at high frequencies… ;)

To get the highest efficiency, it's smart to use different power supplies. However it's makes the product definatly more complex..

And I am curious to the patent, can you show us more? Or any paper yet?

Jan-Peter

Well I'll give you this JP, from my eyes it doens't seem comparable to certain other amps if you know what I mean, and I can't see how anyone who can read a graph can honestly say that.

I think it simplifies the product and keeps on board efficiency high, like in your 700, but makes implementing it more complex, and I'm not sure I'm a fan of moving non efficient components off board just to be able to print a higher efficiency, hopefully there are better reasons for that. Of course it also moves alot of cost onto the user, in this case potentially _alot_ of the cost. However for OEM use it's more than doable. This isn't for the DIYr at all and I'm almost glad it wont' be available to us for that reason.

As to the patent, perhaps they have yet to apply, I searched and found nothing other than one granted to Pabo for a soft start circuit. Usually when people say "patent pending" they give an application #?

Regards,
Chris

No matter how it compares to others - it definitely makes a cool impression.
From the load-dependancy it looks as if it is at least partially a post-filter NFB topology.

The low-voltage PSU issue depends on how and what the module is used for. If it is used for applications where there are other low voltage cicuits as well (preamps, active x-overs ....) it definitely has advantages. For users who just want to build a power amp it is a little disadvantageous.

Regards

Charles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.