Any opinion on Apogee DDX?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The reviews I've read have not been enthusiastic, but remember the HK uses the DDX-4100A which is much older than the current DDX-8000 series.

The DDX paradigm doesn't seem very audiophile; mandatory SRC to 48kHz, digital volume control, etc. Doesn't sound as promising as equibit.

I recently recieved a DK DPR1001 mainly for using the processor which supports Logic 7. I haven't done any critical listening but I'm planning to tap the DDX I2S outputs and run some QA tests.

Thanks for the reply.
I had a short listen with the Teac PL-D2200 (DDX) and JVC EX-A1 (tripath) in the same shop, condition is not idea of cause, but it seems the Teac with the DDX sounds better. And the JVC had a better speaker. I was planning to get the JVC at the time, so now I will have to wait.
Couldn't find any equibit gear other than an old Panasonic XR10, but it was way overpriced.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.