JBL PB12 subwoofer, Class D amp, dead.

My PB12 just blew.

Hello Everyone i must say i just read all 36 pages because i was wondering if anyone got their PB12 working again. I am sad to say that my PB12 Just blew. (Fried components) I had it for 15+ years. Bought it from Best Buy back in its day. I just might have to go with the Bash 300S, like someone mentioned earlier about getting another plate amp. I also have the PB10 which is still working.

Did the replacement 'drop in' board for the S53/64AMI module ever get finished? There must be a market for this even after all this time.

I have a Mission MS8 for repair that uses Rev 4.32 of the AMI amp board. The S53module seems to be the problem and with no replacement part available the only options are to replace the whole amp/plate assembly or try and attach a different PA module to the existing PCB.

I suppose making PCBs and engineering a drop in replacement design is beyond most DIY'ers. I don't have facilities to make my own PCBs but I'd happily buy a blank board that I could source parts for and assemble. There are probably lots of subs still lying around dead because of the lack of available replacement AMI modules.

There are plenty of pre assembled 100W amp modules on eBay based on conventional parts like 2SC5200/2SA1943 which I can probably adapt to fix the one I'm working on. It won't be an elegant solution though!

I didnt have a choice. I have 4, maybe 5 of these things sitting in the shop, I had to come up with something. Couple 10s, couple 12s, even a 15, got another 12 but its a V2 amp so no issue.

Once I get the design finalized, I think i will offer the modules for sale on eBay, and maybe even offer the swap and modification service.
Hello there.
My name is Sezai and i'm living in Turkey.
I wonder if you managed to duplicate the JBL PB12's module S64AMI Version 6.3 2000 ? If so does it exist for sale? My @ is sbasar@gmail.com Thanks in advance.